Continue your Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior Designer l - Controls & Instruments to be based in Mumbai
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
Scope of Responsibility
Operate as part of a team in the design and drafting activities, producing estimates and technical drawings in support of engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction activities.
- Develop the initial bill of material; prepare technical layouts and drawings for proposal estimation.
- Review the Technical Document Register (TDR), evaluate number of required drawings and establish design and drafting requirements. Review the Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings. Review Fire and Gas Detector Layout Drawings, Instrument Specifications, Equipment Specifications, Pipe Specifications, Instrument Index, Instrument Design Basis and other relevant documents.
- Review the Design Basis and create I/O lists, assess drafting deliverables, including drawing requirements, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work. Evaluate development method and software requirements; Autocad / Microstation, INTOOLS, PDS, PDMS 3D Modeling and other relative software.
- Prepare layouts in 2D CAD and work on 3D models (PDS / PDMS) with adequate dimensions necessary to assist the Engineering disciplines and Fabrication/Construction personnel. Assist in preparation of, Loop Diagrams, Functional Logic Diagrams, Wiring Termination Diagrams, Installation Hook-up Drawings, Typical Installation and fabrication drawings, Instrument location Plans, Control Panel / Auxiliary Console layout Drawings, Control/Equipment Room Lay-outs, Cable Tray/Trench Lay-outs, Cable route index, Cable Schedules and Cable Drum Schedules, JB location layouts and schedules, Interconnection Schedules, Fire/Smoke Detection Lay-out, Bill of material for bulks and Alarm / Trip schedules.
- Perform layout clash/interface checks, identify conflicts, take corrective action in coordination with other engineering discipline inputs.
- Issue engineering drawings and layouts for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the integration of technical data inputs. Prepare final layouts and drawings integrating inputs provided by other engineering disciplines.
- Prepare material take off’s (MTO’s), review vendor drawings, ensure vendor specifications are in full compliance with contract requirements. Attend progress meetings when required.
- Prepare final layouts and drawing for installation and construction. Perform design changes and alterations based on Design Change Notices (DCN’s) when required.
- Prepare demolition drawings for Brownfield projects.
- Ensure conformity of designs and layouts in accordance to Company Engineering procedures and ISO Quality Standards. Maintain and archive IDCs, originals, checkprints and Master technical drawings in accordance to Company quality procedures.
- Perform related duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor.
- Prepare “As-Built” Drawings following completion of construction activities.
Minimum Job Requirement
Associate degree or Diploma in Instrument, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years of related petrochemical or Oil & Gas industry experience.
- 3d Model
- Auto Cad
- Control Panels
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)