The Operations Specialist is based out of our Southern Natural Gas (SNG) Albany Compressor Station located at 1610 Liberty Expressway SE, Albany, GA 31705. This is a Monday through Friday position working 8 hour days Monday through Friday with an option to work 9 hour days Monday through Thursday and 4 hours on Fridays with some on-call responsibilities nights and weekends. Kinder Morgan offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time off. Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America.
To be considered for our Albany, Georgia Ops Spec job click on Apply Now to sign in or create an account to upload your resume. This is a great opportunity if you are an experienced Line Patroller, Pipeline Field Man, Natural Gas Operations Technician, Quality Tech, Corrosion Technician, Gas Mechanic or similar. Primary Purpose:
Responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of Company gas pipelines, appurtenances, and compressor station equipment and other related facilities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of pipelines, compressors and auxiliary equipment, reciprocating engines, centrifugal turbines, motors, cooling equipment, pumps, valves, and other related equipment.
- Start, stop and operate engines/pumps within defined operating parameters.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all engines, pumps and associated equipment at compressor stations and pipelines.
- Diagnose and repair engines, turbines, pumps, motors, valves and instruments.
- Install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, pipeline appurtenances, corrosion control protection systems, measurement equipment.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including compressor station facilities, pipeline right-of-way, including but not limited to monitoring excavating, inspecting and maintaining valves, repairing coating and monitoring backfilling pipelines, and weed control, etc.
- Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment; water and oil pumps and coolers, gas coolers, air compressors, generators, test equipment, etc…
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, USFS, etc.)
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (e.g., personnel in progression, contractors, visitors)
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform minor electrical maintenance.
- Identify, report and correct safety and/or environmental concerns.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Procedures, site specific procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Operations Specialists come to Kinder Morgan from a variety of backgrounds, job titles, Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) and Career Management Fields (CMF). Many of our employees are Veterans who transitioned from Active Duty or currently serve in the Reserves. So whether you received your training while serving our Country in the military or while working in the private sector we encourage you to consider continuing your career as an Operations Specialist with Kinder Morgan.
- High School Diploma or GED
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after regular business hours including after dark hours, which requires carrying a communication device.
- Knowledge of compressors, pump stations, gas treatment, storage facilities, process plant, gather transmission, and pipeline system operations.
- Knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and other diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical switch gear, power distribution, electronic circuits, electronic test and measurement instruments, the National Electric Codes is a plus.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements.
- May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle and Department Of Transportation DOT regulations.
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
- Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Must be able to frequently:
- Enter confined spaces.
- Climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells, carry up to 50 pounds and to see, hear, walk and talk effectively.
- May work in low-lit areas.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders, and walkways, etc.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required.
- Be available for shift work when applicable
- Must reside in the general vicinity of Albany, GA for on-call and emergency response purposes.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned. Job level will be commensurate with experience and skill sets. The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Confined Spaces