About this role: Reservoir Engineer
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier leading natural gas producers, focused on developing Queensland’s world-class onshore gas reserves to find a Petroleum Reservoir Engineer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Reservoir Engineering within a multi-functional team as part of a CSG/CBM producing Asset.
The role is within the Development Planning and Hydrocarbon Maturation (DP & HCM) team
- Apply reservoir engineering skills to support technical studies and delivery of production forecasts for a range of new development and brownfield projects
- Deliver production forecasts for Shell Australia’s East Coast assets. Ensure all business assumptions are incorporated into forecasting schedules and development plans
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including IRM, Concept Engineering, Economics, FEDM, Production, Operations to ensure the short/medium term vision is aligned with the long-term expectations and external stakeholders including government and RAR to ensure compliance and reporting.
- Incorporate knowledge of Development and Portfolio Planning through generation of integrated schedule, cost estimates, and documentation of development plans in internal and external reports
What you need to bring:
- Hands on experience with modelling Coal Seam Gas reservoirs with Eclipse simulation software.
- Experience in reservoir modelling, history matching, forecasting, reserves assessments and development planning.
- Sound problem-solving skills and a track record of being solution driven including working with custom tools.
- Broader cross-functional skills in project management, cost/schedule estimation and development planning would be advantageous.
- The successful applicant will be competent in reservoir simulation and production forecasting.
- Australian working rights are mandatory
- Brisbane Based role
- Up to $1200 per day including super
- 12 month contract (potential to extend)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
- Cost Modelling
- Development Planning
- Eclipse (Software)