Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit [ Link removed ] for more information or connect on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , or [ Link removed ] .
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Global Commercial Manager is responsible for supporting the Geozones on all commercial initiatives and help establishing short/mid/long term sales strategies to achieve growth and navigating project/opportunities for sales and commercialization process of the product line. This role is also responsible for a high level engagement with customers, such as negotiations, commercial terms and to to work with the GeoZones in the evaluation and review of commercial proposals that require approval of the Global Product Line Vice President and the Executive team.
Duties & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Ensure that that Health, Safety, Environment and Quality are the responsibility of all employees
- Demonstrate effective Safety leadership at all times to enhance the organization’s commitment to safety performance
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality & Service Delivery
- Assist Geozones with execution of commercial & sales strategies including pipeline development, management & closure, related to product line revenue goals
- Assist GeoZones with the review and monitor of market trends and market share, as well as monitor competitors performance
- Participate in marketing analysis to develop product definitions and set launch process
- Provides commercial support to the Geozones
- Participates in Segment product strategy, research and development business cases, and development priority for new and emerging products/technologies
- Clearly encapsulate and express Weatherford’s competitive advantages for the product line and capitalizing on them in the commercial process
- Ensure compliance with, and commitment to, company processes like Operational Excellence and Performance System
CLIENT & COMMUNICATION
- Participate in marketing analysis to identify key growth markets, as well as develops pricing strategy
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, operations, global product line leaders and marketing to develop and provide product definitions, as well as be responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Maintain client intimacy to collect and analyze technical, financial, marketing, and sales information for the product line
- Advise on product development opportunities on a country/area level
- Participate with select clients on current and future business opportunities
- Support strategic tender preparations.
- Participate with select clients on current and future business opportunities in respect to new and emerging technology
- Maintain and communicate Project Status Reports to Executive Management
- Coordiante and work with marketing on materials and sales support need it
- Coordinate technical participation, conference request and clients events that required global or corporate participation with Sales organization and the GeoZones
- Works directly with Sales & Marketing on customer Request for Proposals (RFP) and work with cross-functional teams to build competitive pricing model and develop customer value proposition
- Collect and analyze financial, marketing, and sales data for the product line relating to new technologies post product launch. Use gathered data to track product performance versus pre-launch objectives and work with product line to ensure objectives are being met
- Assist on the review and preparation of tenders. Coordinate the support of the global team to guarantee fulfillment and delivery on time of the offerts
- Coordinate the global reviews and approval of tenders with the Geozone
- Support Geozones with execution of commercial strategies
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Lead the way on team management & communication to deliver a well-executed global product line sales strategy & process. This includes scheduling and leading effective team meetings, monitoring performance, setting and achieving team objectives
- Drive strategies for recruitment and retention of key personnel to foster an environment that enables the company to attract and retain a high performing talented workforce
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Evaluate, plan and communicate future local market conditions and align the strategy to take advantage of any changes or opportunities
- Work with the Sales & Marketing organization and internal teams to navigate ideas and opportunities through commercialization process
- Partner with internal stakeholders to carry out market assessment and develop cases for business growth across geozones
- Commercialize business opportunities through a well-executed and timely product commercialization process in order to meet top-line sales and profit targets and provide best-in-class deliveries to our customers
- Create and execute project work plans and timelines with internal stakeholders and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, while managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Sales, Product Line, commercial operations and contract management experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Broad market understanding
- Strong experience of successfully leading diverse teams in different locations, remotely
- Experience in the execution of day to day sales operations
- Advanced knowledge of Weatherford’s operations and products
- Production Automation and Software Product Line Management or an equivalent Digital business experience at global or GeoZone level
- Experience in Production and understanding of the Oil & gas Production challenges and technologies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good technical knowledge of Weatherford product range or oilfield services portfolio
- Ability to successfully interact with and influence diverse groups of people to deliver innovative commercial contract offerings to secure forecasted financial budgets whilst continually delivering customer commercial expectations and satisfaction
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and be operationally rigorous
- Credible leader, financially astute with strong commercial, contractual & negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and clients
- Ability to operate successfully within a matrix management environment
- Proficiency in computer use and Microsoft Office Suite Programs
Research And Development