We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main role of the Global Sustainability team is to promote the company's sustainable difference at a corporate level. ACCIONA is a leader in this field. For this reason, we are looking for a professional to join our team, with experience in a leadership position in the design and development of the sustainable proposal of top-level international companies in sustainable commitment.
In addition to the above, you will be responsible for the following:
- Impulse and develop the regenerative business value proposition in ACCIONA´s processes and business.
- Set a strategic direction and narrative that aligns with ACCIONA´s Sustainability Master Plan in partnership with the Sustainability business leaders.
- Search OKRs and benefit ACCIONA.
- Establish and lead operating processes for effectively managing the organization, such as business and program reviews, escalations, retrospectives and follow-ups.
- Use cross-functional knowledge to understand issues, trends and perspectives that may influence our partners and our work.
- Lead business meetings or discussions and channel the Global Sustainability Director to approve actions on their behalf, review initial proposals, escalations, or presentations prior to final review.
- Provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations on leadership, based on analysis, experience, technical acumen, and good judgment.
Required Skills and Competencies
We are looking for a professional with 10-15 years of experience in companies and / or organizations - in which at least 5 years include a leading position in the design and development of the sustainable proposal of top-level international companies in sustainable commitment.
We will require demonstrated competencies in terms of:
- Leading technical knowledge in corporate sustainable performance aspects, especially in the infrastructure/energy sector.
- Transformation of business processes - sustainability related preferred.
- Previous experience building high-performing teams.
- Oral and written communication in Spanish and English.
We will value exceptional skills in terms of:
- Autonomy and leadership in problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Experience in operations and result-oriented strategies of complex initiatives.
- Effectiveness to operate in uncertain environments.
- Ability to create effective relationships, having influence at different organizational levels.
- Previous work knowledge in multilateral institutions or strategic consulting.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Complex Problem Solving