We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
The Deputy Tester in Charge support the Test in charge and is responsible for providing fully Validated, Verified, and Integrated projects according to Alstom's core technical processes. The Duty Tester in Charge leads the test team under functional leadership of the of the Tester in Charge and Senior Alstom V&V Manager . The Duty Tester in Charge receives design inputs from Project V&V and Engineering and provides outputs to Alstom Management, the customer, Test & Commissioning (field), and the design team.
- Specify and design overall tests: test architecture (test plan), test design (test cases)
- Approve overall tests (tests sheets and tests scenario)
- Monitor and approve test sessions: test procedures runs, produce test reports and associated Change Requests
- If applicable: perform customer acceptance tests, participate to site tests
- Ensure currency of required validate test environment & tools (test bench, recording tools, simulated I/O ...)
- Perform investigations on defects detected on test bench or on site
- Estimate workload, realize scheduling and follow-up of validation activities
- Manage V&V and T&C work products under configuration management according to Configuration Management Plan
- Ensure test traceability vs. requirements according to Requirements Management Plan
- Responsible for all V&V and T&C planning activities and validation at the system level
- Provide leadership to sub-systems validation teams in their execution
- BS Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- At least 10 years of experience working with signaling in areas such as V&V, Design or Application.
- Experience in directing large validation test teams
- Professional Engineer Certification desirable.
- Specific experience with traditional Interlocking, Subsystem interfaces testing, Networking, Power Systems is desired.
- Knowledge in PLC programming, software coding, test automation/scripting experience is a plus
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills to interact with all internal and external stakeholders
- Microsoft Office Experience
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
ALSTOM endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Alstom is a drug-free workplace.
- Agile Methodology
- Configuration Management
- Critical Thinking