Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2019 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Process Engineer with our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Pasadena, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations
- Prepare and administer programs, methods, systems, and practices for reducing costs and improving employee and plant efficiency, safety, productivity, and reliability
- Ensure consistency of operation, application of policies/procedures, and accountability across all shifts and among individuals
- Champion Operational Excellence
Support priorities for Pasadena PVC capital by obtaining input from production personnel.
Establish the expectation and encourage ideas for continual variable and fixed cost reductions.
- Partner with plant management to establish equipment outage dates to allow efficient use of resources to perform outage work with external suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply and with customers to minimize impact of planned and unplanned outages
- Establish and maintain training systems for accuracy and to achieve plant needs
- Manage systems for procedure reviews and updates
B. S. degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical) with a minimum of five years plant process experience preferred
High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to read, write and speak in English
Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies
Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis
Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs
Walking, bending, stooping is required
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator
Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Good working knowledge of SAP
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.