Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wartsila Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Independently perform engine components overhaul & repairs as per maintenance instruction and any other mechanical work.
- Independently perform minor machining/welding activities needed for components repair as per repair plan.
- Independently perform measurements of components using all type of measuring equipment.
- Perform field service activities according to the work plan.
- Perform overhauls and repairs on assemblies on site and/or in workshops independently or part of the team.
- May perform commissioning activities and handing the equipment over to the customer and/or shipyard.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with job performance & through positive interactions with customers.
- Prepare Field Service & workshop reports in accordance to Wartsila standards.
- Maintain current individual time sheet & expense records to support the timely invoicing of jobs to customers.
- Co-ordinate with relevant parties to achieve quality standard and timely delivery.
What do we expect from you?
- Technical trainings/ Diploma in Mechanical or any equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant working experience on Wärtsilä engines or similar 4-stroke engines or industrial engines related work ( not car/truck engine experiences).
C. Other skills:
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Work Reporting skills
- Quality, safety & environmental skills
- Customer understanding.
- Fluency in written & spoken English and good in computer applications.
D. Working rights in Australia: you must be authorised to work in Australia ( Australian Citizen, Permanent Residents)
E: Willingness to travel: This job will be in the workshop and at our customer premises across Australia, New Zealand, PNG and Pacific Ocean countries.
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 31 December 2021 through submitting your application through our career’s portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
In case you have questions about the open position, please contact:
Field Service and Workshop Manager
Email: [ Link removed ]
We receive your application only via our careers portal, and your email with your application will be deleted due to data privacy without notice to you.
Please apply by 31 December 2021 at 23:59 GMT +11. Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our customers unlock the value of the energy transition by optimising their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Our offering comprises flexible power plants, energy management systems, and storage, as well as lifecycle services that ensure increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world.
[ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at [ Link removed ]
- Assembly And Installation
- Customer Insight
- Customer Satisfaction
- Field Service Management