Holtec International, a supplier of products and services worldwide to the nuclear power industry, is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Corporate Engineering Division. The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting in the successful implementation of dry fuel storage and transportation projects to meet current and future client needs, maintenance and execution of licensing processes and procedures, and supporting design and manufacturing projects.
Principal Duties Include:
- Assisting in the successful design and licensing of new dry fuel storage and transportation designs
- Coordinating with design personnel to ensure new designs and design changes meet regulatory requirements
- Preparing, reviewing, and maintaining documentation to support engineering design modifications and on-site manufacturing
- Interfacing with technical discipline teams at Holtec and reviewing technical material prepared by others
- Assisting with safety analysis report (SAR) revisions and preparation
- Preparing or reviewing 72.48 evaluations
Familiarity with the following is considered desirable:
- All candidates MUST possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited, four-year university
- Capability and willingness to assume full responsibility for a project task
- Capability and willingness to adhere to strict quality assurance standards.
- Self-Starter with ability to manage deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and Adobe Professional
- 0-3 years demonstrated, applicable experience in project engineering, manufacturing support, nuclear licensing, or comparable field
- 10 CFR Part 72 and/or 10 CFR Part 71
- Part 71 and 72 Regulations
- US NRC guidance related to 10CFR Part 71 and Part 72 implementation (Regulatory Guides, Standard Review Plans, Interim Staff Guidance documents, Generic Communications)
- 72.48, 72.212 and/or 50.59 processes
- Nuclear and/or power generation industry
- Microsoft Excel