Want to lead from the front in the exciting world of business transformation, enabled by Integration technologies?
Deloitte Integration Services focuses on enabling clients to overcome complex systems integration challenges when delivering business driven, technology – enabled change across their organisation. Our specialists help clients in designing and implementing fully integrated solutions across an organisation and with its external partners, suppliers, and customers. Our end-to-end solutions encompass business process, people, technology and data; and focus on customers, quality, governance and control. We cover all aspects of systems integration including digital solutions, package integration, custom development and infrastructure.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you’re working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
As Apache Kafka Engineer, you will have broad remit of responsibilities, working with customers to deliver innovative integration solutions. Deloitte delivery leads have a highly collaborative and client-facing role, covering the delivery lifecycle and working closely with agile delivery teams to ensure services provided meet the needs of the clients. You will apply your understanding of event based architectures, messaging and stream processing solutions, cloud solutions and wider integration architectures to produce solutions and improved ways of working for clients, who are wishing to harness the power of Integration technologies to solve complex business problems across one or more of the following industries:
• Financial Services
• Private Sector
• Public Sector
• Consumer Business
• Energy and Utilities
• Healthcare and Life Sciences
• Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT)
As Apache Kafka Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Developing messaging and stream processing solutions that meet business requirements
• Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
• Working closely with multiple stakeholders across the project lifecycle, including:
o Liaising with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and with Solution Architects on functional and technical designs
o Supporting the Delivery Lead / Project Manager with scoping and estimation of development efforts
o Working collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs
• Articulating best practices to optimize the Kafka ecosystem based on use-case and workload
• Designing, developing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting Kafka APIs to build producer and consumer applications
• Developing KSQL queries and leveraging best practices of using KSQL vs streams
• Working independently with limited support, while aligned to weekly and daily agile governance (Kanban, sprints, ceremonies, reporting)
• Coaching, motivating and mentoring internal teams
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
This is a Permanent full-time contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
• Considerable experience with messaging and stream processing on Kafka
• Considerable experience in Kafka architecture and internals of how it works, along with the interplay of architectural components brokers, Zookeeper, producersconsumers, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams
• Practical experience with how to scale Kafka, KStreams, and Connector infrastructures
• Understanding of Kafka administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Experience in working with event based architectures
• Working knowledge in multiple Integration and cloud technologies (Mulesoft, Dell boomi, Amazon web services, Microsoft Azure etc.)
• Experience in leading technical workshops with the client
• Good Understanding of broad set of market leading technologies
• Good understanding of the different Integration vendors and technologies, and key differences between these
The following will be an added advantage:
• Consultancy experience
• A relevant Kafka certification (Confluent Certified Developer for Apache Kafka (CCDAK))
• A relevant cloud AWS, Azure or GCP certification
• Experience in DevOps
• Experience in Agile delivery and agile techniques, such as Scrum and Kanban.
Additionally, we expect that you possess the following core consulting skills:
• Comfortable leading technical conversations with clients at all levels, ideally including C-suite
• A strong focus on team working within diverse and remotely located teams
• A "can do" attitude - Hands-on & flexible approach to emerging requirements and a real willingness to learn and participate
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas to different audiences within an organisation, and effectively engage with stakeholders ranging from subject matter experts to senior functional leads
• Strong documentation ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to proactively identify risks and issues and provide mitigation approaches
• Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
• Professional working proficiency in the English language
• Understanding and awareness of the commercial and reputational risks Deloitte may encounter and the appropriate mitigations
Amazon Web Services