Under general supervision, performs a variety of drafting duties in preparation of and/or revisions to drawings. Performs non-routine to complex tasks having distinctive design features that can differ significantly from established drafting precedents. May be assigned as a member of a project team. Handles special projects, as assigned. Must have extensive experience with Solid Works. Experience in AutoCAD 2D preferred.
• Generate casting and machining drawings and bill of materials as directed by supervisor or as needed by projects.
• Performs basic mechanical design for parts.
• Produces assembling layouts, sectional drawings, work instructions and catalog dimension drawings.
• Check drawings for accuracy, format and completeness.
• Determine tolerance and other drawing requirements by reading and interpreting technical specifications.
• Enter information into various engineering databases including the item master and product structure records.
• Interface with project team members, vendors and shop personnel to achieve on time delivery of projects.
• Prepares interim and completion project reports.
• Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Knowledge of division CAD standards and file configuration standards.
• Thorough knowledge of CAD techniques and principles.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Associate's Degree in drafting disciplines.
• 3+ years of drafting experience.
- Solid Works (Cad)
- Auto Cad