Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Co-op Student
Temp Duration: 4 months
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
This assignment will provide opportunities for engagement with engineers, managers and others in different departments within the organization, and provide an understanding of some of the workings within the operating and engineering groups at FortisBC.
This position is based out of either Trail or Castlegar. This position will not have remote working options and will require the co-op student to be onsite.
- Perform basic electrical equipment health review and economical calculations.
- Participate in the review of electrical equipment testing.
- Participate in development of equipment testing practice and/or work procedures.
- Perform site visits related to assigned projects to better understand the transmission and distribution systems.
- Research technical information on new utility products and practices.
- Network with other utilities; collaborating and sharing information
- Electric Engineering Student - Third or fourth year preferred
- Valid driver’s license and current abstract
- Interested in learning more about the Electrical Utility Industry
- Proven competence in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with VBA/C++ programming would be preferred
- Competent public speaker and strong communicator
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
Safety is our number one priority, and to maintain the health and safety of our employees and broader communities, we have a number of COVID-19 safety measures in place. This includes a requirement for all new employees to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their first day of work or the start of their employment. And of course, we will consider an accommodation for anyone who’s unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined by the Human Rights Code.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the [ Link removed ] page for additional information.
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Electrical Installation Work
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point