You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit [ Link removed ]
The Senior Buyer is accountable for the supporting the Supply Chain Manager and Worley Project Team colleagues based in UK and India (GID) to facilitate this. Particular focus will be issuing RFQs, bid collation and producing commercial bid evaluations in line with the Project Schedule.
• Deliver against all internal and external deadlines
• Ownership of the supply chain team budget, and support others with management of budgets
• Ensuring all supply chain records/data are filed in accordance with audit requirements and/or best practice
• Support Worley’s commitment to quality, health, safety and the environment
• Understand how the Worley’s vision, mission, objectives, strategies and ensure that the HR function is aligned to this through the team and individual objectives/plans.
• Support the Worley’s commitment to quality, health, safety and the environment
• Understand how the Worley’s vision, mission, objectives, strategies and ensure that the supply chain function is aligned to this through the team and individual objectives/plans
• Provide a comprehensive and professional customer focused supply chain service in line with best practice Project Procurement:
• Interfacing with Engineering to attain information to allow Request For Quote (RFQ) packages to be issued in accordance with the overall project schedule • Internal and external stakeholder management
• Creating and issuing RFQ packages in line with bidders list and project schedule
• Updating and maintaining the project Purchasing Status Report with latest accurate information on milestone activity dates and latest updates
• Managing RFQ process, including facilitating technical questions from suppliers and Worley engineering
• Distributing bids upon receipt and conducting commercial analysis on them
• Negotiation improved pricing and lead times with suppliers to meet project requirements
• Creating a Commercial Bid Analysis (CBA) for submission to the client to support the engineering Technical Bid Analysis (TBA), recommending the best option for the project in terms of cost and lead time
• Review requests for technical completeness and ensure materials, equipment and services are ordered based upon properly approved requisitions • Ensuring materials are procured with alignment to project schedules, responding to rapid procurement programmes
• Action changes (e.g. technical, engineering, etc.) and endeavour to counteract any likely slippages by investigating alternatives Commercial:
• Performance management of the supply chain • Review bid package requirements, enquiries and agreements for commercial completeness prior to issue and to recommend the inclusion of commercial terms advantageous to the Company
• Ensure there is an approved list of technically and commercially qualified vendors keeping it current with continuous evaluation of performance, latest innovations, management’s recommendations, QHSE requirements and other such criteria
• Carry out market analyses to improve business opportunities and establish long term relationships with the supply chain to ensure high standards of service, fair prices and quality products are received
• Ensure all procurement is undertaken to the best possible terms Quality:
• Ensure that all necessary supply chain controls, policies and procedures are in place across Worley, are up-to-date and actively adhered to
• Adhere to and enforce all aspects of the management system and DOA
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
- Computer Literacy
- Creative Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Job ID: OG~LON02SK