We are looking for passionate individuals with keen interest in learning new technologies and driven to apply their knowledge to solve the toughest problems and deliver optimum results. The chosen candidates will have an opportunity to work with an experienced team of engineers to deliver expert technical support and services to our installed-base worldwide.
This position will be expected to increase the skillset of the technical support team in supporting Network Communications, Cyber Security and Infrastructure related applications within Emerson’s portfolio of products and solutions. The ideal candidate should possess a strong skillset in Networking and Security related technologies.
- Responsible for providing technical support, consultation and on-site/remote diagnostics on Emerson Automation Solutions products/systems, including DeltaV DCS, DeltaV SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems), AMS Device Manager, Wireless Solution and PlantWeb installations for systems in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America and Latin America end-user customers and engineering organizations. This involves troubleshooting, problem analysis and solutions generation to hardware, software, installation, configuration, integration, and application issues and inquiries. Maintains ownership of all received customer problems, provides timely updates, and sets the appropriate escalation priority.
- Successfully works to identify workarounds, reduce product problem resolution time, and support efforts to develop training and troubleshooting resources (e.g. procedures, diagnostics, and documentation)
- Collaborates with Local Business Partners and Field Service Organizations worldwide, Technology, Marketing and Manufacturing to resolve product problems and plot product design directions at a local and global level
- Remain current in awareness of developing technology trends, security weaknesses/vulnerabilities, and innovations in networking systems and capabilities
- BS/MS in Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Instrumentation, or other Engineering Degrees
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in process control or process engineering in at least one of the following process industries: hydrocarbon processing, oil and gas (onshore/offshore), pulp and paper, specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, power generation.
- Responsible for control system configuration, third-party equipment integration, startup of process control projects, or on-going system maintenance/support
- Experience with DCS, PLC, or SCADA systems. Understanding of discrete, continuous, or batch controls; PC based HMI, Advanced Controls, Fieldbus or field instrumentation. Knowledge of networking, TCP/IP, and Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic, or any other programming language is an advantage
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and to present clear and concise information to the team, internal customers, and external customers
- Preferably with experience or working knowledge on any of the following:
- Networking & Security fundamentals, principles, and concepts – design, maintenance, optimization and troubleshooting
- defining and evaluating functional requirements and specifications for network infrastructure and security systems
- Ethernet Standard IEEE802.3, Ethernet Best Practices, TCPIP Protocol Suite, MS Operating Systems, Network Switches, Routers, and Firewalls
- Network Packet Trace evaluations and diagnosis
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and GPO Security Policies
- SNMP and Syslog applications
- concepts and principles of IDS and IPS systems
- Virtualization Technologies, emphasis on Microsoft Hyper-V
- Backup and Recovery applications
- Symantec AV, McAfee AV, Whitelisting, McAfee EPO & SIEM
- ISA/IEC 62443
- common information security management frameworks, such as NIST
- programming and scripting languages: VBScript, PowerShell, .NET
- COM/DCOM services, Ole for Process Control (OPC), OPCUA
- concepts and principles of ModbusRTU, ModbusTCP, Modbus Gateways, Ethernet/IP, IEC61850 applications for Industrial and Manufacturing Networks.
- Industry certifications related to information security is a plus, ex. CISSP, CCNA, CISM, GSEC
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Human Computer Interaction
Installations (Computer Systems)
Programmable Logic Controllers
Distributed Control Systems