National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages think top drives, iron roughnecks, draw works, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Pressure Control Group is currently recruiting for Quality Control Manager to join our team at 6390 North Eldridge Parkway. The main responsibilities of this role include:
Provide leadership and direction to Quality Assurance Personnel. Provide quality technical information in support of Manufacturing, Sales, Leasing and Operations.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of staff including training, employee development, performance evaluation, hiring decisions, and the establishment of goals and performance objectives for assigned department.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods, and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Responsible for all quality related processes at a facility or regional level.
- Provide support to manufacturing, engineering, sales and marketing.
- Effectively utilize the authority to acquire corrective action through management.
- Monitor, review and approve quality audits.
- Acquire working relationships with technical staffs of operators, contractors, agents and leasing personnel.
- Attend industry seminars and trade shows, as available and as specified.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support plant operations to ensure plant-wide compliance with API-Q1 and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Manage and supervise Receiving Inspection, Dimensional Inspection, Non-Destructive Examination and Certified Welding Inspector Teams.
- Drive continuous improvement in the assigned departments.
- Integrate best practices into quality processes.
- Manage the collection of KPIs and business critical metrics and develop additional metrics to improve transparency on the process and business performance.
- Drive adoption of functional excellence through team development, individual coaching and performance feedback using various available tools.
- Perform non-conformance investigation, root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action efforts associated to assigned departments.
- Subject Matter Expert for all quality control related activities.
- Manage and oversee location’s calibration program.
- Improve the quality of the incoming documentation coming from internal and external suppliers by continuous review of the data and take appropriate actions to drive improvement by working with mMRB and supplier quality teams.
- Review the NCR data on a continuous basis to resolve all the outstanding NCRs on the floor in Quality Control’s possession by working with stakeholders.
- Support facility’s COQ improvement initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in leadership and management roles
- ASQ quality training certifications preferred
- 5 years manufacturing experience preferred
- Team/Unit Contribution.
- Problem solving.
- Customer Focus.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong leadership and management skills to ensure management directed objectives are successfully accomplished
- Strong written and verbal skills, including presentation(s).
- Basic understanding of Quality Management Systems such as NCR’s, RFD’s, and PQR’s.
- Corrective And Preventive Actions
- Performance Appraisal