The job requires a person to have a strong technical background in electric power system protection and understanding supporting power system analysis studies and latest trends in Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) integration in the distribution systems. Experience in design and implementation of microgrids and protection of renewable power plants will be a plus.
Remote work possible for the right candidate
Desirable Educational/Experience/Skills include the following:
- Performing various analytical studies, including short-circuit, protection device coordination, arc-flash, power flow, transient, and dynamic simulations.
- Interpreting and applying industry standards and requirements including NEC, NFPA, and related IEEE and IEC standards.
- Attending and presenting at major industry conferences on smart grid, renewables, and DERs.
- Experience in the performing short-circuit, protective device coordination, and arc-flash studies.
- Experience in protection of electric power systems, including development of relay setting files.
- Experience in performing dynamic simulations in DIgSILENT PowerFactory and ETAP. Working experience with DPL and DSL tools is a plus
- Knowledge of latest trends in the distribution system studies including integration of DERs at the distribution level.
- Experience with power system analysis software packages, such as ETAP, DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSCAD, ASPEN, CYME, and SKM. Experience of creating automation scripts using scripting tool such as Python, DPL, or DSL is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be capable of working alongside our customers to obtain a clear and bounded scope of work.
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Above average skills in using Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university required
- 6-10 years of industry experience, or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 3-5 years, or Ph.D. plus at least 1-3 years.
- An academic background in electrical power systems
- Experience with power system protection
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional walking of moderate distances (1 mile) within the S&C complex, customer locations, etc.
- Occasional carrying of luggage, test equipment, tools, etc. to customer locations.
- Occasional use of hand tools that require pushing forces.
- Occasional use of hand tools that require pulling forces.
- Occasional bending or crouching to perform work.
- Occasional full range of motion to perform work.
- Occasional handling of parts, tools, test equipment, etc.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Creative Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Electrical Engineering