Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for HSE & QA Manager to join our team in Kuwait for the upcoming project.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
The position is permanently assigned to the projects.
Responsible for the management of the overall Kuwait HSEQ team.
The primary role of the function is to ensure that all aspects of engineering, construction, completions, commissioning and handover work scope is completed inline with HSEQ requirements
Demonstrate that all aspects of the contractor’s scope of work are compliant with Client and Wood specified HSEQ standards.
Skills / Qualifications
- Promote HSE leadership and commitment within client, Kuwait and contractor organizations specifically targeting senior management.
- Ensuring the EPC contractors and their subcontractors have adequate Management Systems to manage the contract scope of work and they are compliant with client standards, regulations and HSE Management System.
- Ensuring the contractor and their subcontractors can demonstrate they are fully compliant with client and their own processes and procedures.
- Provide effective and practical HSEQ input into study, FEED, tender evaluation and contract action phases of projects to ensure HSEQ aspects of project execution are adequately considered via the HSEQ team.
- Provide client mandatory and Wood HSE training as required, assess effectiveness and retraining where appropriate.
- Ensuring contractor and their subcontractors have adequate and competent HSE and Q resources to effectively manage the contract scope of work through all phases.
- Ensuring that construction hazards and risks are identified throughout all project phases and mitigation actions identified and fully implemented. Cascade information across assigned projects.
- Ensuring that the Kuwait HSEQ team maintains efficient and effective communications between the Contractor and Kuwait ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Develop an integrated working relationship between contractor and PMC to enhance the HSEQ delivery.
- Create a high level of communications across the HSEQ team to share knowledge, experience, best practice and lessons learnt.
- Participate and or lead accident / incident investigations and report accordingly. Cascade lessons learnt across assigned projects.
- Conduct analyses of HSE and quality date to identify trends and the required corrective actions.
- Participate in key client reviews and meetings as required.
- Participate in weekly Wood Assigned Project reviews.
- Participate in Project Management Plan reviews.
- Update and prepare department procedures and work practices as appropriate.
- Conduct annual staff appraisals and recommend salary reviews for the department.
- Develop Wood objectives and initiatives and measure performance.
B.Sc Engineering or Safety Equivalent
Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience.
Minimum ten years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries.
Minimum five years experience in the designation.
Minimum two years experience with Wood in similar position.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Product Quality Assurance