Requisition ID: 117520
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Commissioning Safety and SIMOPS Lead, you will report to Project Commissioning Manager. Your primary responsibilities centers on the successful implementation and support of the Site-Specific Safety Plan in the field including safe SIMOPS activities. You will assist the Project Commissioning Manager with the application of the contract, client safety expectations, Corporate Safety Manual, Corporate Crane Procedures Manual, District Standards, and all laws governing the work. You will also verify to ensure that work is being executed as planned, problem-solve with operations and craft, assist with corrective measures, and provide resources to correct and maintain solutions.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving Oil, Gas and Chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, and commissioning, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
• Attend Daily Safety Meetings.
• Lead and insist on strict adherence to Lock Out / Tag Out, Procedures (LOTO), and policies.
• Oversight and review of all SIMOPS activities.
• Maintain Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and perform detailed reviews.
• Collaborate with the craft every day in the field to encourage buy-in of our safety program and to support craft ownership of the safety program.
• Exercise Stop Work Responsibility to ensure adherence to company policies, regulations, work plans, work packs, and detailed work plans.
• Plan, prioritize, and problem-solve with operations in the field every day based on leading indicator trends and upcoming work.
• Encourage, support, inspire, and advise staff and craft employees to execute the SSSP.
• Assist with maintaining project files in compliance with OSHA/MSHA regulations and in compliance with our policies including accident/injury files.
• Assist with first aid and maintain relationships with emergency medical services and clinics.
• Assist with KieTrac entry, incident investigations, and implementation of effective solution.
• Complete a daily documented hazard inspection and assist operations, craft, and subcontractors with implementation of corrective actions.
• Review work plans, work packs, and detailed work plans prior to the start of work.
• Assist and provide safety training on policies, procedures, OSHA/MSHA, NCCER, SIMS, orientation, and client specific requirements.
• Promotes and insists on good housekeeping in the office and on the project site.
• The ability to travel and relocate as required.
• Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study is preferred.
• Prefer a minimum 5-10 years of office and extensive field experience.
• Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements, and all NFPA standards.
• Extensive knowledge for both on-shore and off-shore safety requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of Commissioning and Operational requirements in a major process environment.
• Has experience in HSE “Train the Trainer” programs.
• Extensive knowledge of portable gas detection equipment, including bump test and calibrations.
• Extensive knowledge of safety test equipment testing and operations.
• Extensive Knowledge of SIMOP’s, PTW, LOTO, and other safety critical standards.
• Certification as a Safety Professional or Emergency Medical Technician is preferred.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Experienced on at least (1) mid to large size project ($500 Million+) during the construction, commissioning, and initial start-up phases of a project is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Attention To Detail
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Emergency Medical Services