Overview of the role
As the Supplier Quality Engineer you will collaborate with Engineering, Project Management, Site Quality Team and the purchasing team on all activity required to effectively manage supplier quality requirements & supplier development. This role will be to ensure that supplier’s activities meet or exceed the required Quality standards. Working close with different teams to identify the underlying root causes and drive solutions and will be point of contact for quality between the supplier and Tokamak Energy. Collaborating with the supplier to maintain, improve and control all aspects of quality. Deploy, handle and improve Supplier Quality Management processes that align with key elements in the technical specifications and quality framework and business driven needs, including initial and on-going supplier approval. Partner with the technical team & operations to ensure alignment of goals and objectives.
You will be forward thinking, have a detailed Quality toolkit and confident on a supplier’s site.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Develop supplier improvement plans, including audit, supplier visits, tracking, appraisal and ranking
- Introduce and implement Process Control on specific manufacturing processes and maintain with regular process audit
- Perform root cause problem solving with suppliers to obtain corrective and preventive actions, follow up the corrective and preventive actions.
- Serve as a Manufacturing liaison lead to suppliers to resolve active quality concerns. Follow and track all corrective action requests for the supplier base.
- Assist supplier development with procedures, evaluation of quality systems and recommend changes to process controls.
- Work in a cross-functional environment with Engineering, Quality, Sourcing and Project Management teams.
- Provide information regarding requirements for suppliers.
- Identify training requirements and sources of training for suppliers.
- Oversee daily controls and Key Process Indictors (KPI) of supplier performance metrics.
- Monitor and drive the supplier’s improvement in quality system and process, ensure timely
- Be able to prepare and review control plans, FMEAS, work instructions, process improvement plans, audits, and other supplier quality tools.
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities:
- Driving on Company business
- Working with ionising radiation
- Regular manual handling
- Have proven experience in Engineering and manufacturing
- Have knowledge of quality tools
- Knowledge and experience of supplier auditing
- Ability to adapt to different technical supplier processes,
- Detailed knowledge of improving supplier performance
- Valid driving licence.
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of quality processes (PDCA, 8D)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to [ Link removed ] .
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: [ Link removed ]
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Business Process Improvement
- Quality Management