We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 89,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
Flexibility to work week days for shifts between 07:00 am - 20:00 pm
To support the safe and efficient running of the laboratory by performing a range of analytical tests with minimal supervision. Participate in routine operational meetings and training.
Responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Ensure sample traceability internally and externally.
- Assist with the supply of sampling kits/equipment to customer sites.
- Assist with customer queries.
- Perform routine used oil analysis including FTIR/ ICP-OES/ TAN/ TBN/ PQ.
- Perform chemical testing.
- Maintain consumable stock levels.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Experience in OCM work would be favorable.
- Certificate III in Laboratory Skills, preferred, but not essential.
- Previous experience working within a laboratory environment.
- WA C Class Drivers Licence.
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Laboratory Techniques
- Self Motivation
- Oil Analysis
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy