Be a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of PECO’s gas transmission and distribution facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Operates independently and seeks guidance when appropriate. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs engineering tasks associated with critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features. (50%)
- Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete, lacking or require broad experience. (30%)
- Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have moderate financial and operational impact. (10%)
- May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or responsibility that may include the delivery of classroom training and/or OJT/OJE. (10%)
- Influences project decisions having a moderate impact on the company that may include leading employees or contractors in the commissioning of electrical systems and equipment to be placed On System.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of complex field test equipment.
- Five or more years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note).
- Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments for a specific
- Minimum of two related career experiences (4) (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Engineer in Training OR
- 50% complete (by hours) with advanced technical degree, M.B.A. or Project Management Certification
- (1) Master's degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year. (2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing. (3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year. (4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master's degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of gas distribution system materials, standards and procedures
- Experience with applicable federal code (e.g., 49 CFR 192) and PA 59
- Business Administration