Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Job Title: Maintenance Engineering Manager / Engineer
Location: Madrid - Pinto
Purpose of the job: Maintenance engineer executes the Services Engineering activities in a Project
Organisation structure (job belongs to): REGION / Services / Engineering
Reports directly to: Services engineering director / manager
Network & Links Internal:
- Engineering, Technical teams, Supply Chain, Industrial, Quality, Depot managers, Supervisors, Team leaders, Engineering network
Network & Links External:
- Owns the Configuration and Design Change Management of the Project
- Manages the technical performances of the systems and provide Rex to relevant Services Platform.
- Optimizes the scope and related tasks of the Maintenance plan.
- Supports cost reduction actions, with sourcing and industrial.
- Detects, defines and implements the modifications of the maintained products to improve the reliability and serviceability, in order to reduce project costs and improve the performances of the systems.
- Assures the update of the technical documentation of the projects.
- Supports the Product Safety management system ensuring safety risks are mitigated in a timely manner.
- Manages Obsolescence Plan.
- Captures and ensures ownership of regulations and standards to be applied.
- Interfaces with the stakeholders in the Certification processes.
- Develops the work instructions and processes from the maintenance plan and maintenance manuals.
- Analyses the technical performances of the systems and the efficiency of the maintenance plan and processes, promoting action plans to improve them.
- Manages the technical documentation within the system and any required interface with the MMIS.
- Develops standardized tools/processes improving efficiency in maintenance activities.
- Assures efficient parts codification in line with Platform rules: materials identification, codification process, interfaces with Alstom systems, quality and normative requirements.
- Elaborate project monthly maintenance report (contractual reliability and availability targets)
- Set-up and follows standardized and continuous fleet reliability improvement plans, proactively surveying fleet KPI and promoting improving actions.
- Development of LCC model by sub-system and reporting
- Develop and maintain visual management of LCC
- Preparation of the LCC models for SPR submissions
- Management of risks and savings related to the LCC
- Proposes actions to optimize Maintenance plans and LCC.
- Searches for improvement actions in maintenance operations, performing engineering interface activities with Operations Engineers (depot support).
- Promotes the use of latest maintenance technics and R&D developments (CBM, RCM, Lean).
- Analyses failure criticality studies and uses RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) and other available methodologies to define and optimize the maintenance requirements, tasks and intervals
- Calculates material, parts and time consumption
OTD, QCD, PMC, Project reliability / availability / cost targets
Educational Requirements :
University degree in Railway Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, Automation Engineering or Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience in Railways system/Application engineering
- Knowledge of rolling stock equipment
- Knowledge of rolling stock maintenance
- Working knowledge of safety management systems and safety risk assessment
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, SAP, BI/BO
Competencies & Skills
- Problem solving capacity (technical and costs evaluation of a solution)
- Capacity of managing Technical risks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to learn
- Effective, professional interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Intelligence
- Change Management