Company: Precision Drilling Co. LP
Location: Haynesville Division
The Rig Electrical Foreman oversees day-to-day preventive, corrective and break down maintenance activities on electrical systems as it relates to land-based drilling rigs such as: generator controls, motors & control circuits, transformers, cables and electrical protection systems.
- Supervision of installation and maintaining silicon-controlled rectifier (SCR) unit, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) equipment and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) systems;
- Perform various power calculations (short circuit studies, arc flash analysis, cable sizing…);
- Maintain an inventory of electrical spare equipment, housed at the rigs or in the shop;
- Testing circuit connections using electrical test equipment;
- Participating in ongoing training and company safety programs for new equipment and technologies as it becomes necessary including days off training;
- Coordinating the repair and refurbishment of equipment with Precision and third-party service technicians;
- Work closely with electrical contractors to ensure the best needs of the company are being met;
- Working very closely with rig crews to ensure proper training and that electronic safety systems are not bypassed;
- Assist with design and commissioning of future AC drilling rig drive and electrical systems;
- Ensure all of Precision's wiring preferences are met and maintained;
- Supply required information for updating of drawings, sketches or information on existing and replacement equipment;
- Ability to work on 24-hour notice in response to electrical breakdowns.; and,
- Various other duties as required. (Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.)
Accountability & Decision Making
Ability to look forward in maintaining equipment and problem solving.
Constantly maintain safety standard procedures.
Plan and propose both a maintenance required and routine repairs budget.
Education & Experience
Candidate must hold a valid Texas State Master's License.
At least 8 years of electrical experience with VFD rigs or SCR training certificate.
Minimum of 8 years experience with the electrical components of rig construction as a foreman or manager.
Comprehensive knowledge of electrical operation of drilling rigs.
Must hold valid driver's license.
Full Knowledge of Power Generation, Distribution and Generator Control Systems.
Experience with Electric Motor Controls, VFD interconnects.
Experience with Microsoft Windows and Associated Office Applications (MS Word, Excel, Auto Cad).
Skills & Competencies
Knowledge and working experience with Amphion Control Systems required;
Knowledge of local electrical codes and standards pertaining to non-hazardous and hazardous areas;
Basic comprehensive mechanical knowledge on hydraulics, diesel engines, motor pumps and top drives;
Must be able to read and write English, in order to prepare daily reports.
Good communication, mathematical and computer skills.
Must be able to work well with others while under minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will have superior attention to detail, ability to multi-task, willingness to take ownership of projects and job tasks that arise, and will have safe work practices.
Working knowledge of the pertaining API and OSHA electrical practices relating to land-based drilling rigs
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Control Systems
- Transformers (Electrical)
- Electrical Codes
- Electrical Systems