The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach [ Link removed ] , we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role sits within the Smart Platform business unit reporting to the Programme Analyst Team Lead. The role focuses on supporting the Platform Programme Team in delivering complex changes into the Smart Platform and the wider business.
The purpose of this role is to provide data analysis to clarify requirements of these changes, as well as building reporting to monitor the performance. You will support in maintaining a backlog of work, and prioritising areas dependent on the programme demands.
This role will also play a vital part in the development and refinement of user stories, analysis of the outcomes from changes, validation of data and supporting the migration of data.
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities include:
Is this the job for me?
- Provide insightful data analysis to help define user stories and their acceptance criteria;
- Work with third parties to review changes and understand the impact of changes on any in-flight projects;
- Monitor project performance regularly and generate reports;
- Act as a centre of knowledge for Smets1 and Smets2 meters to support with insight and development of solutions both within the Programme Team, with other internal stakeholders and third party providers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Deep understanding of smart metering systems for both SMETS1 and SMETS2 (DCC, Adapters etc.)
- Good working knowledge of key MI tools including Excel, SQL Server, BigQuery & Tableau
- Confidence in building and communicating significant data visualisations and experienced in using a business intelligence platform (we use Tableau)
- An ability to use data to make informed decisions and recommendations
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Confident in problem solving and collaborating with different organisations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven experience of delivering MI solutions for business requirements
- Understanding of agile methods
Ideally you will have…
From us you’ll get*
- A strong understanding of software development and system automation
- Experience working with complex systems\\ large numerical datasets and full life cycle experience
- Experience in programming for analytics, preferably in Python.
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the [ Link removed ] on our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] . We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!
- Stakeholder Management
- User Story
- Software Development
- Business Requirements
- Business Intelligence
- Tableau (Busines Intelligence Software)