Join the world’s largest Wind Turbine Manufacturer as a Service Lean Specialist in Taranto!
Business Services > Business Improvement > Global Service LEAN team
The Global Service LEAN team is responsible for coordinating further our Service Business' continuous improvement and execution excellence culture. We coordinate the process for Strategy Deployment, work on establishing global concepts, and implement breakthrough improvements based on world class methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma.
While ensuring high Safety and Quality standards, you will engage with our Service team across the country and region in order to implement our Lean roadmap and support the sites to increase their Lean maturity level. The tasks you will be performing in your region will include:
- Analyze performance data and root causes to explain the financial impact
- Coordinate small to medium improvement projects on work methods & processes in turbines, offices, and warehouses
- Secure Lean tools deployment and assess training needs
- Facilitate Kaizen events and follow-up sessions to define and sustain improvements
- Reduce operational costs
- Facilitate share of Lean best practices within your region
You will ideally hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years of Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement experience with a proven history of achievement
- Experience in supervising small to medium projects within an international cross-functional environment
- Solid analytical skills & IT tools expertise allowing you to explain performance data and the financial impact
- Interest in working hands-on with technicians to identify improvement potentials in all types of turbines' components.
- Solid communication & influencing skills to approach a variety of stakeholders, from technicians to senior directors
- Strong change agent behaviour and project implementation skills
- Fluent in English & Italian, other European languages would be an asset
- Either certification, certified experience, or education in continuous improvement disciplines
- Ability to create impact & connect with our workforce
- Able to travel mostly across Europe and keep constant contact with colleagues in different countries & time zones
- Solid written/verbal presentation and communication skills in English
What we offer
You will develop in a high-achieving and high-paced team in a global environment. You will have great impact and influence on the profitability and development of our business. For the right candidate this position will be a platform for further professional and leadership development in a global organization.
The primary location will be Taranto office. There will be a need to visit service sites across Italy, Greece, and Turkey (and eventually other countries in South Europe & Latam region)
Applying for this position requires a CV in English
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Lean Six Sigma
Six Sigma Methodology