Manages the Mechanical Integrity Program to comply with company and OSHA PSM standards. Manages projects from conception through completion including the development, design and execution of capital, expense and maintenance projects in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides support and expertise in Turnaround planning and execution.
- Reviews plant information for opportunities to improve performance and develop and execute projects to resolve them.
- Prepares justification, cost estimates and other project documents as required for approval.
- Develops technical specifications to procure equipment and services.
- Provides oversight of installation, startup and performance testing of multiple projects concurrently.
- Performs design work and supervision for other assigned tasks to ensure they are completed safely, accurately and efficiently.
- Manages the sites Mechanical Integrity plan to comply with OSHA PSM and provides expertise on QA/QC (i.e. ASME, API standards) requirements for new equipment and repairs to existing equipment.
- Supports maintenance and operations as a technical resource.
- Completes other requirements for compliance with OSHA Process Safety Management Regulations including but not limited to the maintenance of documentations such as MOCs, P&IDs, isometrics, and equipment specifications.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in engineering required.
- Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Agriculture, or Bio Systems engineering preferred.
- Minimum of two years related engineering experience required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- In-field maintenance and operations support experience preferred.
- Experience in ethanol production, chemical processing, food processing, oil refining, or power plant industry preferred.
Relocation assistance is available.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
About Valero Renewables – Bloomingburg
Valero's Bloomingburg ethanol plant is located near Bloomingburg, Ohio, about 40 miles southwest of Columbus. The bio-refinery sits on approximately 65 acres and started ethanol production in March 2008. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Bloomingburg plant annually processes approximately 46 million bushels of corn into approximately 130 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 385,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs more than 65 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Product Quality Assurance