Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit [ Link removed ] for more information or connect on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , or [ Link removed ] .
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Professional Service Engineer - Production & Automation Software is responsible for the deployment of software solutions to Oil and Gas customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE:
- Ensure that that Health, Safety, Environment and Quality are the responsibility of all employees.
- Demonstrate effective Safety Leadership at all times to enhance the organization’s commitment to safety performance.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality and service delivery.
- Applying Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company Quality Policy and Management Systems.
- Install, upgrade and configure SCADA and Production Optimization Systems.
- Build screens, workflows and reports to support customer operations and SCADA hardware.
- Interact with customers to understand and troubleshoot product issues.
- Support for third party application rollout based on business need.
CLIENT & COMMUNICATION:
- Provide support to internal and external clients working on consulting projects which use the company’s optimization software.
- Help field support/clients with upgrading and configuring the software.
- Provide customs solutions through scripts.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT:
- Provide team leadership in absence of Team Lead.
- Guide junior members of the deployment team in solving issues that they may be facing.
- Train users in system usage and administration.
- Provide custom solutions, utilities and system integration using scripts along with the procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Participate in software testing during the release cycle as end customer.
- Identify cause of problem reported by debugging program/scripts and if necessary, correct them or report them to the developers.
- Gain a firm understanding of Production Optimization Products and how it works from the users’ perspective.
- Able to troubleshoot issues related to SCADA hardware and radio communications.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Must hold a valid Kuwait Residence Permit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation and related streams with 2-5+ years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to calmly manage crisis situations.
- Ability to plan and organize daily and weekly tasks.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Domestic and foreign travel required.
- Experience in deploying and debugging Enterprise software in Microsoft Environment.
- Excellent debugging /knowledge of .Net, C#, SQL, Oracle, HTML5, PowerShell, TypeScript, IIS, and Angular.
- SQL Server Management Experience.
- Experience in ETL techniques and tools.
- Experience in integrating applications.
- Exposure to Open-Source Analytics.
- Exposure to Software support.
- Experience in similar role troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with hardware and software.
- Work experience with SCADA software and hardware.
- Microsoft Server OS knowledge
- Knowledge of Windows programming environment.
- Knowledge of Web Security, Authentication and Authorization.
- Enhance or make custom changes in existing utilities, batch scheduling.
- Windows OS administration and support.
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industry – Production.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in SCADA, Protocols such as MODBUS, OPC.
- Experience in RTUs, PLCs, communication configuration and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and web applications.
- Experience in Data Analytics, BI.
- Experience in CygNet, LOWIS, ForeSite or similar software.
C Sharp (Programming Language)