You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Process Engineer
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Process Engineer to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur.
Senior Process Engineer – Kuala Lumpur
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contract: 3-6 month contract under Airswift
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary / Package: Monthly salary in MYR
Perform conceptual, FEED, Studies, and detailed analyses and design as per design basis, project specifications, design codes and standards. Apply knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations. Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures. Manage own time to meet agreed deadlines and budgets and develop plans for short-term work activities in own area. Clearly communicate and explain complex issues and work to establish understanding. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Be fully familiar with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable and taking appropriate initiatives to address the issues.
- Identify changes to scope and promptly raise change notifications, including providing any necessary supporting documentation and estimates. Provide similar support for Variation Orders.
- Interface with all disciplines to develop clash-free designs.
- Interface with other departments to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
- Maintain close co-ordination with other engineering disciplines, Planning, Fabrication, Marine, and Project Management Team, as required.
- Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions) and forward copies to Discipline Lead Engineer and Discipline Manager.
- Assist in preparation of estimates for bid proposals, including technical query reviews, execution statements and manhour estimates.
- Raise technical queries to obtain missing information, clarify work scope, and to maintain preferred procedures, specifications, standards, practices and operational requirements.
- Prepare Discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, and technical specifications, as required.
- Participate in finalizing deliverables lists and deliverables, ensuring compliance with specifications and functional integrity.
- Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings, engineering meetings and offshore site surveys, as required.
- Provide technical direction and review of Designers producing products related to Process Engineering.
- Prepare and review design reports and procedures.
- Assist in providing necessary design inputs to other disciplines to enable them in proceeding with their deliverables.
- Assist procurement personnel in procuring Discipline equipment, materials and services; ensuring that work produced complies with Customer objectives and procedures. Procurement assistance includes preparing and reviewing requisitions, evaluating technical quotations and preparing queries, compiling bid tabulations and recommendations, preparing purchase requisitions, and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documents, as directed by Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Assist in updating weight report based on receipt of vendor information.
- Check engineering performed by others within Discipline.
- Review vendor and subcontractor submittals, checking for compliance with project specifications and providing comments as necessary.
- Perform design verification through single-discipline check / inter-discipline check (IDC).
- Provide technical support to all fabrication queries, including identifying defect / rectification requirements.
- Keep the Lead Engineer apprised of all activities and concerns, technical, budgetary and manpower related.
- Assist in providing inputs for actual, planning and forecasting progress reports including associated productivity.
- Check final subcontractor and vendor data manuals to ensure that all requested data has been received and approved.
- Participate in internal, Customer and third party technical audits on engineering deliverables and vendor documents.
- Assist Lead Engineer with responses to Customer and other agencies (such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc.) on their review and approval.
- Capture lessons learned and enter into COMPANY's Lessons Learned system.
- Capture Knowledge Objects and enter into COMPANY's K.now system.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Guide less experienced engineers on COMPANY and Discipline procedures, standards, worksheets, design calculations, software, requisitions, technical bid evaluations, technical queries, etc.
- Be aware of costs related to own work and of the discipline.
- Responsible for preparing / checking the following key deliverables, applicable as per the Project scope:
- Process simulations / heat and material balance.
- Process flow diagrams (PFD).
- Piping and instrument diagrams/mechanical flow diagrams (P&ID/MFD).
- SAFE charts.
- Process safeguarding diagram.
- Equipment and instrument process datasheets.
- Process specifications.
- Operating philosophy and startup and operating manuals.
- Equipment list (process data).
- Line list (process data).
- Flare radiation and dispersion calculations.
- Depressurization and flare network study. Equipment and line sizing calculations.
- Fluid lists.
- Process studies.
- Review process information in supplier/vendor data for conformance with project requirements.
- Provide process assistance to other disciplines by performing IDC / providing inputs as required for the following activities:
- Layout review
- Area classification drawings
- Safety studies
- Electrical load list
- Equipment datasheets
- Instrument datasheets
- ESD and F&G logic diagrams and control narratives.
- Provide technical co-ordination with outside agencies for third party studies.
- Provide assistance to precommissioning and commissioning on process related site queries.
- Assist in close out of HAZOP action items.
- Minimum 8 years in oil and gas with major contractors or consultant predominantly performing detailed design of offshore facilities
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of many design techniques and analysis methods, and detailed knowledge of the content and application of standards, codes and guidelines as applicable for offshore.
- Preferably Registered Professional Engineer or member of professional engineering society
- Chemical Engineering
- Design Codes
- Dispersion (Optics)
- Financial Management
Job ID: 1180841