What if we showed you how we're solving the world’s greatest challenges by transforming intangible ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world?
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomises the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the Opportunity:
Robust infrastructure establishes the backbone of productive, economically strong communities as assets essential to commerce, trade, public safety and quality of life.
Based in either Jeddah or Riyadh, as Project Manager you will manage at a senior level, an integrated project team including the interface with other stakeholders. You will oversee and manage the associated design teams throughout the design phase of some of the largest and most iconic infrastructure developments in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
We are looking for a hands-on Project Manager with experience in the field of infrastructure who will help Jacobs develop and implement our exciting projects to our clients’ expectations. Key areas include:
- Oversee and lead our Global Design Centers as well as our global Subject Matter Experts
- Drive development and delivery performance so that all milestones are met or exceeded without compromising cost targets, safety, security or quality
- Manage project plans, budgets, performance status, forecast, trends, risks, and key decisions
- Secure the required resources to meet project requirements
- Issue timely & accurately communicating project performance, issues / concerns, & risks through the required reporting mechanisms
- Develop & conduct effective execution strategies & plans in line with the overall project strategies & plans
- Facilitate budget monitoring & commercial awareness
- Ensure relevant project risks are identified & managed / mitigated as appropriate
- Ensure no significant changes are enacted until approved & the required change control is initiated when significant changes to project scope, schedule or cost are identified
- Engage & communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Previous experience overseeing the design phase of major infrastructure or utility projects
- Experience of guiding multidisciplinary engineering and design teams
- Previous experience working within a design consultancy would be hugely beneficial
- Previous experience working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is preferred
- A track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility
- Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders
- Strong management skills including plus proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools
- Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex infrastructure projects, in a regulated environment
- Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in successfully overseeing subconsultants in project delivery, being able to engage, inspire and motivate to get the best results, and ultimately deliver in line with stakeholder expectations
- Degree qualified in either Civil, Architectural or an Engineering discipline
- Being a qualified member of a recognized institution or organization is advantageous (to include but not necessarily be limited to AICP, APM, APA, CIOB, AIA, RIBA)
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness
- Contractor Management