The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain facility equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of facility equipment and production equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of facility and production equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment schematics, manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Use of a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, airflow meters, manometers, etc.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Some exposure to other work may include:
- Coordination with contractors and service companies.
- Plant rearrangement work.
Coordination with GHSE, Security and Risk management teams.(Please list the duties of the position)
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Basic knowledge of HVAC controls, refrigeration, pneumatics and hydraulics, air compressors.
- 2 year or 4 year technical degree
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Oracle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read schematics and drawings.
Relevant work experience: (Provide a summary of relevant work experience needed in one or two sentances.)
Candidate must have at least 5 years experience in industrial/commercial hvac refrigeration and controls. Experience with environmental chambers a plus.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Possible standing/sitting at work bench
- Lifting: Frequent lifting tools, parts, equipment, etc. <50#
- Walking: Frequent walking within the plant and outdoors.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects such as small parts, measuring equipment.
- Pushing: Occasional pushing of objects
- Pulling: Occasional pulling of objects.
- Bending: Occasional bending during normal work function.
- Reaching: Occasional reaching.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts and tools.
Environment: Working in manufacturing environment. Working on equipment out doors on roof tops in various weather conditions.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Emergency Handling
- Information Security