Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Program Manager is responsible for managing Enel X’s portfolios of flexibility assets (demand response, distributed energy resources, EVs) in electricity markets in North America. Primary responsibilities include developing innovative commercial opportunities, maintaining strong relationships with utility and grid operator partners, defining and delivering against the annual budget and business plan, and driving internal, cross-functional alignment necessary to achieve business success. Members of the Program Management team are the internal, subject matter experts for all things related to their markets and strong representatives of Enel X’s expertise externally. The goal of the Energy Markets group at Enel X is to connect “any asset to any market and any value stream” to enable a more sustainable energy future.
What You'll Do at Enel:
- Drive the definition of the annual budget and business plan, direct the organization to ensure the attainment of financial and operational goals that support the company’s overall objectives
- Provide regular reporting and conduct recurring and ad-hoc quantitative analysis to make strategic market and portfolio decisions and advise senior management to address business issues and opportunities
- Manage the activities for the entire portfolio with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and recommendations for staffing.
- Identify, assess and originate new business opportunities that include but are not limited to new product offerings and entry into new markets. Direct strategy from product conception, definition and launch.
- Define, structure, and evaluate deal structures and products with internal and external counterparties. Establish innovative commercial strategies and product positioning.
- Manage responses to local Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and tenders for flexible assets. Prepare and structure offers in auctions through detailed market analysis and in close collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Define, negotiate and secure long-term contracts with utilities to monetize flexible assets.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with utility customers, grid operators and other strategic partners. Act as their primary point of contact and maintain a pulse on electricity markets in order to create areas for future growth.
Energy Management and Optimization
- Execute complex auction/tender transactions in electricity markets from end-to-end, which include but are not limited to submitting qualification packages, developing our tender strategy and gaining senior leadership approval of our recommended actions.
- Provide oversight of market registration and settlement processes and other back-office activities; the Program Manager is ultimately accountable for the accurate monetization of thousands of Enel X’s assets.
- Ensure financial and operational compliance with Customer and Utility Agreements and RTO/ISO obligations.
Cross-Functional Alignment and Delivery:
Who You Are:
- Lead implementation teams in the delivery of project returns and market commitments. Provide direction of market activities to ensure that critical delivery activities are completed and prioritized appropriately.
- Support key business activities and teams:
- C&I Sales: set sales goals, act as the technical expert to support complex sales, review project level assumptions, approve non-standard contract terms and drive customer acquisition.
- Product Management. Support product development teams to integrate rule changes into the digital platform that is the basis for our optimization solution, as well as provide input for continuous improvement.
- Regulatory & Institutional Affairs. Provide market expertise and business recommendations to Enel X’s regulatory efforts. Stay current on national and local market drivers influencing market participation for Enel X.
- Operations and Onboarding: Champion the continuous improvement of scalable processes, apply best practices and use innovative ideas to increase market and organizational effectiveness.
- Global Product Line. Support Global teams with any commercial bidding strategy, policy development discussions and any other related analysis.
What You've Accomplished:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including financial modeling
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality
- Ability to work under occasional supervision
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, or Statistics; Master’s degree a plus
- 3+ of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of related experience in Energy and/or portfolio or asset management
- Up to 5% of domestic travel and 5% of international travel
What Enel Offers You:
- Mastery of market requirements, regulations, and relevant mechanics to serve as internal expert on Enel X’s participation in relevant market(s)
- Breadth of experience in wide range of projects involving diverse internal and external stakeholders; uses learnings to make comprehensive decisions and highlight risks
- Self-starter with initiative to prioritize appropriately and develop creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work within multi-disciplinary teams to identify and solve crucial business risks and operational challenges
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Market Analysis
- New Product Development
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Customer Acquisition Management