The Contact Tracer will report to a Contact Tracing Team Lead and be an important part of COVID-19 Response & Recovery efforts within Commonwealth. The Contact Tracer will support local efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic at the community level. The aim of this effort will be to call contacts of each person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather information on the contacts, and provide isolation/quarantine recommendations and or information on testing, and ongoing monitoring, if warranted.
The Contact Tracer will use a web-based platform to enter information on all contacts of positive COVID-19 cases. Some of this information will include documenting demographics, symptoms, travel, occupation, and testing. Contact Tracers will refer contacts for testing as appropriate and in according to established protocols and provide them with instructions for quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by Commonwealth, and comply with Commonwealth regarding confidential information related to personal information.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients
- Communicate in a professional and empathetic manner toward distressed individuals.
- Collect and record information into the reporting system, CRP, as well as the surveillance and management system.
- Provide contacts with approved information about quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social resources.
- Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop. They may not deviate from the script or provide information that is not included in the script.
- Maintain daily contact with Team Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
- Ability to answer and manage calls, emails, and/or interactive voice response system.
Take required steps to protect protected health information (PHI)
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma, or equivalent and some college level coursework completed
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Understand ethics and public good; concerned with public trust
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
The Global Edge Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Global Edge Consultantst, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.