Local Unit & Position Description
We are looking for a proactive Line Engineer who is eager to learn and has the ambition to become a design expert for overhead lines. In order to help our customers, located worldwide, secure and improve the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their Transmission & Distribution network. Our customer network includes, for example, TenneT, RWE, Vattenfall, CLP (Hong Kong) and SEC (Saudi Arabia).
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology (TDT) advisory team in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
The TDT team includes over 50 professionals and is continuously growing. The team is a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc levels with different backgrounds and various cultures. Together we deliver specialized and innovative consultancy services to our customers, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries.
We are responsible, among other things, for drawing up designs and specifications for systems and constructions for high-voltage transmission and distribution, such as switching stations (substations), HVDC installations (interconnectors), high-voltage connections (towers or cables). During the implementation phase of projects, we regularly assume the role of “owner's engineer”, where we are responsible on behalf of the client for the quality control of the services and equipment provided by others.
Tasks And Responsibilities
You will be part of the Overhead Line (OHL) team in TDT. This expertise cluster focus on the design of overhead line as well interface structures with substation related to carrying out engineering, design tasks and advice for high-voltage structures and / or substations for electrical transmission and distribution.
- Advice, modelling and operational work for the structural\electrical design and practical aspects of overhead lines
- Preparing specifications and tender documents
- Interdisciplinary collaboration on grid-related project
- Writing (or contributing to) clear high-quality reports and commercial offers
- Discussions with customers on design and project realization and progress
- Enthuse TDT consultants & engineers for 3B, BIM and SE working methodology
We are looking for an enthusiastic, result-oriented team player who actively contributes to the success of our TDT team and works together to create results.
- BSc or MSc level in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering
- Practical knowledge of multiple CAD, 3D tools
- Solid expertise and/or the will to get the most out of tools, such as: PLS-Cadd and Tower
- Knowledge and / or practical experience with international standards and equipment in T&D area and / or a strong interest in the field
- English language skills, both oral and written (Dutch is a plus)
- Willingness to travel abroad (about 10%)
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks, competences supervising juniors an d beyond
- Curiosity, interest and engagement
- Open mindset (out of the box thinking) and you are easy and fun to work with
- The wish and drive to develop yourself (further) into an overhead line expert
What we're offering
A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment. Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues and plenty of opportunities for personal growth. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Civil Engineering
- Electric Power Transmission