Process EngineerPermanent Position, Norwich
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to be a member of our client’s Operations Rationalisation team based in Norwich. Reporting directly to the Optimisation and Rationalisation Manager, this position is part of a team responsible for delivering optimisation projects and solutions to improve onshore and offshore assets.
The primary focus of the role will be supporting concepts and projects from a process aspect but there will also be expectation to assist with tasks outside of the process discipline to support the wider team.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified process engineer with some knowledge of instrumentation. You will have a good understanding of Onshore or Offshore plant and system, enjoy group problem solving, project design and enjoy being challenged to work outside your area of expertise. In addition, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company process performance standards and HSE legislations.
This is a full-time office-based role (Mon-Friday) with requirements to visit offshore as the business requires.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Actively participate in design safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA studies etc.
- Deliver suitably engineered responses to process design issues arising from the above- mentioned design safety reviews.
- Ensure process engineering solutions are in compliance with all health, safety, environmental legislation and best practice. This requires a thorough knowledge of HSE acceptable standards, risk management tools and practical operational experience.
- Delivery of projects including writing operating instructions, procedures, assisting with commissioning and working with other disciplines to achieve project execution via work packs.
- Raise, process and close out Management of Change (MOC) proposals providing technical assurance to modifications.
- When required, support operations in assessing day-to-day process safety related issues by reviewing isolations, risk assessments, drawings and procedural changes.
- Responsible for recognising value adding opportunities in onshore and offshore production systems, initiating modifications and processing these through to completion.
SEC & Personal Safety Tasks:Management of Change - Technical ReviewerReview Management of Change (MOC) proposals via the eMOC system, address technical queries, ensure compliance with technical standards within the Process discipline and provide access to specialist engineering advice.
Hazardous AreasUnderstand the nature of explosive atmospheres, how they are characterised and their impact on equipment specifications.
Performance Standards / COMAHUnderstand the requirement for designing systems to specific safety performance standards and understand the purpose of COMAH reports and safety cases
Pressure ProtectionUnderstand the options for preventing over (and under) pressure of process pipework and equipment, and the systems for disposal of waste hydrocarbons.
Key Requirements Include:
- Process Engineering – minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry
- Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering
- Desirable but not essential, Chartered Status with the IChemE
- Ability to travel offshore - survival (BOSIET) and MIST certificate
- Demonstrated level of Management of change knowledge
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- 2% Flexible Benefits (increasing to 3% in April 2023)
- Defined Contribution Pension (9% employer 4% employee)
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Flex Days
- Profit Share ‘Units’ Scheme launching in 2023
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction And Emergency Training (Bosiet)
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Laws
- Hazard And Operability Study
- Hazard Identification