Reporting to the Regional Collections Manager – CIS & T and dotted line to the Finance Manager Turkey & SC. The role will be split 80% collections related activity and 20% Finance. The job holder will primarily manage all Turkish customer Accounts Receivable collections following standard processes & procedures in ensuring that the Collections team provides the most effective and efficient support to the business so that both Sales and Departmental objectives are met. The Incumbent will also use their knowledge and experience to “think out the box” in difficult situations to ensure collections are made to terms while still in line with company policies and procedures.
As an experienced Credit Professional with a thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of accounts receivables you must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills at all levels. Working in close partnership with sales and Turkish finance team to bring about the maximization of profitable sales by effectively managing customer payment terms and daily held orders. You will play a key part in process improvement, dispute management and overdue debt initiatives for the area. This is a full time position and occasional travel may be required.
• Provide proactive support to internal and external customers on all collections related AR issues
• Liaise with other departments to establish and maintain effective and relevant collections activities, policies and procedures
• Engage with internal and external customers early in negotiation process to facilitate receivables friendly agreement on large project related contracts
• Undertake customer site visits where required to ensure effective issue resolution and relationship building
• Effect collection of amounts due to Emerson Automation on the accounts receivable ledgers in accordance with the company targets.
• Highlight any concerns/potential bad debts to the Regional Collections Manager in a timely manner
• Work closely with the Risk team
• Provide & promote 1st line resolution for customer discrepancies and escalate accordingly within the organisation
• Actively promote and participate in initiatives to perform root cause analysis on discrepancies and undertake improvement initiatives across the quote to cash process to prevent discrepancies occurring.
• Ensure best practice in Accounts Receivable is promoted and employed at all times across the area
• Provide guidance and support to more junior members of staff across the business
• Interact with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.
• Responsible for the reconciliations of the customer accounts monthly
• Issuance of the invoices for the recharging of stamp duty on the contracts and FX variance invoices monthly
• Timely decision making, release and resolution of issues relating to all held orders to maximise sales.
• Undertake any other activities as required by the Regional Collections Manager in the operation of the Collections function.
• Set own priorities within framework of established procedures.
• Flexibility for travel
• Occasional weekend/public holiday working is a requirement of the role
• Extensive Accounts Receivable experience (min 5 years) in a senior position within a large European/Global corporate organization is essential together with experience of working with export and Letter of Credit situations. Given this is a split role experience is also required in related finance activities as specified above.
• University degree in relevant field is desirable
• Experience of managing complex milestone billing projects
• Ability in interpret financial information
• Ability to manage bank guarantees
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to communicate at all levels
• Ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines
• Business systems to include Oracle / SAP / Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel would be an advantage)
• Fluent English & Turkish essential both written and verbal (additional European language would be an advantage)
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities.
Our LGBTQ A Group empowers our workforce regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation, and supports the inclusion and professional development of all employees.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
- Ledgers (Accounting)
- Accounts Receivable
- Decision Making