Eaton’s Electrical Power SystemsDivision is currently seeking a Spray Painter – 1st Shift to joinour team. This position is basedat our Lincoln Avenue facility in Waukesha, WI.
The SprayPainter is responsible for sanding, cleaning, masking, and painting allTerra-Tran units and Power units and fabricated components which require finalfinishing. All units must be painted before final inspection. The individualmust produce an eye-pleasing, durable, painted finished product.
Makingwhat matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around theworld. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discoverybecome reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals likeyou can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be responsible for theproper preparation of all surfaces to be sprayed; this includes bare metalareas and the proper sanding, feather edging of previously painted surfaces.
- Be required to knowwhat bushings and associated transformer accessories must be masked to preventthem from being painted.
- Check the Bills ofMaterial for correct color and specified mull thickness, record serial numberof units repainted and affix color-coded dot to unit for identification.
- Adjust and periodicallycheck all pump pressures, heater temperatures, air and fluid pressures tomaintain the best possible spraying application condition.
- Be responsible forpaint viscosity at the beginning of the shift and at mid-shift, use a Zahn cupand stopwatch to check paint viscosities when required.
- Check and maintainproper fluid and air pressure in pressure pots used for spraying all specialcolors.
- Change filters andmaintain cleanliness of spray booth associates floor areas on a scheduled basis.
- Use 15,000 lb. electricwalker to move smaller units into spray boot and also use walker to storerepainted units in staging area for inspection.
Why work atEaton? Below are a few ofthe outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one, Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
When we embrace thedifferent ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we —as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma orGED (General Education Degree).
- Minimum of six (6)months previous spray-painting experience.
- Candidates must belegally authorized to work in the United States without out companysponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is beingoffered for this role. All candidates consideredmust live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active Duty Military Service membercandidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous workingknowledge of industrial airless and/or air pressure painting.
We arecommitted to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants andemployees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardlessof an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, geneticinformation, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No