The Specialist II, General Ledger is responsible for processing Cash Application to include cash receipts/ netting allocation, reconciliation, ad hoc invoicing, other month-end activities, preparation of audit requirements mainly for Automation Solutions Middle East & Africa. He/She is required to apply appropriate internal controls in compliance to Corporate Policies and Procedure (CP&P) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) mainly for Automation Solutions Middle East and Africa.
Duty 1: Cash Application Processing
- Extracts/receives bank statement from the banking website/ site point of contact
- Uploads the bank statement to the SharePoint or Sends the statement to the POC
- Updates the excel file of the bank transaction for the day
- Matches payment details against open invoices
- Coordinates any discrepancy with Credit Control/CFS/Customer (POC)
- Request details from point of contact for unidentified payment
- Applies payment received to open invoices
- Verifies completeness of the cash application/Consolidates applied invoices and notify the point of contact
- Validates data for consistency
- Analyse and provides input for exception items during cash application
- Develops and Implements error-proofing method to ensure all transactions are booked accurately
Duty 2: Reporting and Reconciliation
Accounts Receivable Trade Reconciliation
- Reconciles the Accounts Receivable Trade balances in General Ledger (GL) against the Subsidiary Ledger (SL) and analyses difference through investigation of manual journal or non-AR related transactions posted in the GL
- Provides resolution and adjustment on the identified difference
- Liaise with the Oracle team to implement fixes on process or transactions issues to avoid recurrence
- Consolidate the cash application processed daily with corresponding receipts for collection reporting
- Prepare year to date comparative report of transactions processed and determine the cause of increase or decline through customer account analysis
- Determine common errors in cash application process and implement corrective and preventive control to avoid recurrence
Duty 3: Audit
- Prepares and provide audit requirements to the site and auditors
Duty 4: Month-end Activities
- Verify reasonableness of the revaluation result through comparison with prior period results
- Sends the file to the Local and Site POC
Balance Sheet Allocation
- Maintains tracker and databases to ensure that all transactions are recorded and verifies with the counterparts for further entries
- Run the auto allocation process and check the balances
- Investigates unallocated balances using comparative analysis
- Countercheck balances upon posting of the manual allocation
- Provide go signal to the Site/RA to proceed with their Financial upload
- Raise to Oracle team to set-up allocation for accounts that has no auto allocation set-up
- Prepares Journal Adjustments, Uploading and Posting to Oracle
- Ensure validity of supporting documents prior processing and completeness of saved supporting back-up in the designated repository
Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or any Accounting related degree
Job Related Experience:
At least 3 years work experience in general accounting, bank reconciliation, fixedassets, cash receipts application, Intercompany transactions and credit collection or audit
Proficient in MS Office applications with background in MS Outlook.
Proficient in using ERP applications
Knowledgeable in Internal control
Knowledgeable with GAAP
English Communication skills (oral & written)
Attention to detail skills
Ability to follow detailed workflow and instructions
Time / Work management skills
Experience in working for a Shared Service or BPO set up is an advantage
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles