SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Service Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customer's equipment. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performing of onboard service
• Performing of onsite commissioning / sea-trials worldwide (shipyards)
• Reporting / administrative duties
• Suppor sales and develop aftermarket offers, for service jobs, overhauls, retrofit and commissionings etc.
• Training of customers, internal and external
1. Performing of onboard service:
- Support, supervise and testing / solving of field issues onboard vessels and different offshore units. This includes sailing / staying onboard the vessels / units while handling service and claim issues onboard
- Execute the requested service in the best way to meet the customer’s deadlines and expectations
2. Performing of onsite commissioning and sea-trials:
- Test, calibration and verification of system setup within the Emerson ICMS software and other supplies of ICMS systems and Emerson Marine products
- Deliver and get approvals from yard, owner and class during the sea-trials
3. Reporting / administrative duties:
- Clearly written work reports must be filed upon return after travel in English, clearly stating all points to be followed up
- Onboard service reports to be signed off by the customers
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service reports and internal service records in a timely manner
4. Support sales and develop aftermarket offers, for service jobs, overhauls and commissionings etc.:
- Support in offering and selling of aftermarket / service products and develop aftermarket offers with the Business Development Manager for aftermarket
- Service Engineer has extensive contacts with Marine service sites and customers
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required by Emerson
- Participate, observe and adhere to company health & safety guidelines and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
- Participate in required local training in the workshop / classroom in Denmark and at other world area sites for products updates etc.
- Perform basic onsite / onboard training for customers / crews
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Electrical / mechanical background with a good knowledge of software and hardware
• At least three years’ experience from similar work
• Capacity to work in a global environment
• Experience of engaging with customers in a dynamic environment
• Experience with working extra hours as and when required
• Computer literate and experience with MS Office, Excel
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Customer Focus
• Manages complexity
• Functional Technical Skills
• Manages conflict
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Action Oriented
• Decision Quality
• Ethics & Values
• Integrity & Trust
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Dealing With Ambiguity