We're looking for an Associate Level Electrical Engineer in Portland Oregon who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing and research facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. Our engineers are responsible for delivery of complex packages.
As an Associate Engineer you’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of assigned engineering tasks. As you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks, you’ll effectively recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly. You’ll coordinate work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead. You may have supervision of less experienced engineering and design staff. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will produce single-line diagrams, installation details, electric room layouts, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting designs, power plans, breaker coordination studies, and Arc Flash / Short-Circuit Current studies. You will support senior engineers in selection and specification of electrical equipment. You may also be asked to provide on-site assistance during startups.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• Engineer in Training (EIT)
• 5yrs working experience in Electrical Engineering (power)
• Knowledge and application of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
• Knowledge and application of other NFPA codes and industry standards
• Familiarity of design and construction specifications
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Working knowledge of Revit or other 3D BIM software
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy Engineering
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience leading a small team
• Passion for buildings and construction
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- National Electrical Codes
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineer In Training