EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 70 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Lead Automation Technician
Install, program and repair building automation and energy management systems for commercial and industrial clients. Provide DDC/building automation controls system for commercial and light industrial facilities. Plan, direct and record periodic electrical testing and recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment that fail to meet acceptable operational standards. Design cost effective controls solutions to meet project requirements. Will perform routine and complicated tasks such as project programming, commissioning activities, startup, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and service to building systems and/or equipment. Automation service background with trouble shooting and diagnostic capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing and programming activities utilizing direct digital controls and automation systems for maximum comfort and energy savings.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance as needed to ensure all systems remain in an operationally sound condition.
- Develop programming and graphics for temperature controls systems.
- Provide technician direction and support to fellow team members.
- Assist project team as required with programming, electrical terminations, commissioning, graphic development, test and startup.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action and communication with the customer, team members and other parties as needed.
- Coordination, services, and operation of temperature control equipment.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches and reports to reflect changes or alterations made to instruments, circuits and systems.
- Reassemble and replace instrumentation in systems using hand tools.
- Interpret HVAC mechanical plans and specifications as related.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum of 5 years of controls/mechanical work experience. Must have a good understanding of commercial/industrial HVAC controls systems. Familiarity with the concepts of new construction, renovation/retrofit and service project management a plus. Prior work experience with any of the following, the more the better: Andover, Continuum background a must, certification preferred. Distech, JCI, Trane and Carrier Controls systems is essential. Strong working knowledge of BACnet systems is needed. Networking experience is helpful. Must possess a valid driver's license and Tridium AX certification (preferred). CCSE in HVAC and SECURITY (preferred). SmartStruxure Service/Engineering certified (preferred). AC256 Knowledge/programming is a plus.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled