SUMMARY OF ROLE
Ensure proper commercial activity, administration and execution of overall 3rd Party Goods and Services Procurement activity for various UK Offices supporting the Indirect Procurement Activities. Is responsible for placing purchase orders for tangible goods based upon requirements as outlined in a purchase requisition. Provides follow-up for orders placed to insure on time delivery, administers and invoice/ order deviation.
These activities may include, expediting, logistics, materials receiving and tracking.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Quality control of requisitions
• Ascertains if complete requisitions have been provided
• Generate purchase orders and purchase order amendments as required
• Maintain Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system data to ensure accuracy during the entire Procure-to-Pay cycle
• Distribute Purchase Order for approval
• Negotiates and records all cost savings
• Issue and expedite supplier acknowledgement in conformance to agreed final Purchase Order
• Inform projects of shipment status and proactively manage schedules in accordance with project requirements
• Inform local office about status of shipment
• Arrange receiving and inspection of goods whenever it is required
• Administer Purchase Order reconciliation
• Closure of Purchase Order as per standard policy
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree graduate in Business, Commerce or Masters in Business or Commerce
• Demonstrated abilities in ERP based systems such as JDE, ORACLE, SAP etc. (Oracle preferred)
• Proven ability to work in multicultural virtual environment
• Excellent team player
• Methodical approach to work
• Can work with minimum supervision
• Excellent administration skills
• Computer literate
• Conversant in Microsoft Office applications
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Enterprise Resource Planning