Eaton’sPower Quality Division is currently seeking a Field Service ElectronicsTechnician to join our team of world-class customer serviceprofessionals. This position is based in the greater Mountainside, NJ area.
Eaton’sPower Quality Division designs, manufactures, and services UninterruptiblePower Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic-based products to ensurepower reliability in the most demanding applications. Our technicians delivermission-critical solutions to our customers’ most challenging energy managementrequirements.
Makingwhat matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around theworld. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discoverybecome reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals likeyou can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Bea key member of a world-class service organization thatrecently celebrated 12 consecutive years of growth.
- Joinan organization where your health & safety are the number-one priority. Eaton provides our technicians with the training, tools, and PPE to keep yousafe on the job.
Opportunitiesfor career advancement through a defined technical track as well asbroader Eaton career opportunities in various business functions.
- Havethe support of a robust internal infrastructure including 24-hour Customer, Technical andFactory Support.
- Continuous hands-onlearning opportunities ata world-classtraining facility as wellas field-basedmentoring.
Competitivesalary and benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, tuitionreimbursement, paid holidays, vacation.
- Toolsincluding a company vehicle, laptop, hand tools, metersand smartphone.
Awardwinning efforts torecruit and support military veterans andtheir families.
Inthis role, you will perform on-site emergency repairs, start-up services andpreventative maintenance in a 24/7 on-call environment with regionalresponsibility. Products to include UPS systems, power distribution unitsand batteries. You will provide technical support to customers and serve astechnical advisor for operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.This position will be located remotely and will work out of a home officewithin the immediate geographic area.
Whenwe embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each ofus unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
- Minimumof 3 years of power systems, battery technologies, and electronic experience.
- HighSchool Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Validand unrestricted State Driver's license.
- Musthave ability and willingness undergo and pass customer entrance requirements,which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drugscreenings.
- Mustbe legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Norelocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates thatcurrently reside within the immediate Mountainside, NJ geographic area will beconsidered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from thegeographical area limitation.
- Associatedegree from an accredited institution.
- Frequenttravel to customer sites is required, with up to 75% of drive-time expected.
- Abilityto read schematics drawings and company technical publications.
- Abilityto read electrical drawings and knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repairtechniques.
- Abilityto work with other CSEs and take directions from the lead CSE on site.
- Incumbentmay be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to, frequent,occasional, or seldom: repetitive lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing;climbing; squatting; bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Abilityto lift up to 75lbs.
- Goodunderstanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory; analog anddigital electronic circuit theory; and microprocessor controls and programming.
- Understandhow to use Oscilloscope.
- Understandhow to perform phase rotation and phase alignment checks.
- Basicunderstanding of network functionality and sealed and wet celled battery theoryand application.
- Understandthe proper use of hand-tools, and when it is appropriate to use insulated tools.
- Understandneed for safety and comply with company and customer rules on safety.
- Mustdemonstrate proficiency on products and field processes before being dispatchedto the field.
- Mustprovide high quality of service.
- Self-starterand motivator.
- PCProficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook.
- Proven/Strongwritten and oral communication skills.
Weare committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicantsand employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasonsregardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, geneticinformation, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Complex Problem Solving