Requisition ID: 122199
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Safety is always first at Kiewit. As a Safety Manager, you will be part of a team implementing and overseeing the Project Safety Program, including the development of site safety policies and procedures. You will assist in monitoring the activities of construction projects, ensuring the facility's compliance with government regulations, company policies and procedures.
Kiewit Energy Canada is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. We are a major industrial contractor that work on projects that involve construction of oil & gas facilities such as oilsands processing, including steam–assisted gravity drainage facilities, upgrading & refining, midstream facilities, power & co-generation, terminal projects (ex. LNG, LPG, etc.), and major mine developments. We also have a Modular Yard facility in Edmonton, Alberta. Our engineering branch is a leading-edge division that offers innovative engineering services for our current projects and new pursuits in Canada. Our design services group are based in Calgary and Houston offering expertise in process, piping, mechanical, electrical and civil/structural disciplines.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Manage the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work
- Compile, analyze, and interpret occupational illness and accident statistical data at the project level; recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards
- Provide corrective action recommendations and assist in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance issues will also fall within your responsibilities
- Review project work plans for accuracy in conformance with the project standards
- Routinely inspect the facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviors and coach employees on the correct behaviors when observed
- Develop environmental health and safety training materials to include manuals, brochures, PowerPoint presentations etc.
- Develop a paperwork management system to track training records to track all safety training initiatives conducted personally or by outside consultants/vendors
- Interpret safety regulations for the project
- Coordinate and present safety training to support client requirements including new hire orientation, fall protection, confined space, lockout/tagout, etc
- 10 + years of related experience with a degree in environmental health, safety or related area
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and hazard recognition, record keeping and injury
- Must have a valid auditor certification
- Must be familiar with construction terminology
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work in a variety of locations across Canada, isolated areas requiring travel and camp accommodations
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for safety excellence and taking initiative
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Abilities to work under pressure: respect deadline, high expectations
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Attention To Detail
Coaching And Mentoring