The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will serve as strategic HR advisor for ABS Wavesight, providing organizational design support in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. Actively involved with day-to-day activities within the Human Resources Department, the Senior HRBP will also support ABS Wavesight's needs in human resources-related issues such as organization change management, HR strategy alignment, employee relations, workforce analytics, employment administration, compensation and merit, and global performance appraisal processes
What You Will Do:
- Under the direction and guidance of a Director of Human Resources or Human Resources Manager, develops, administers, interprets and communicates intermediary human resource concepts, policies, programs, practices and procedures to clients to ensure an understanding of, and uniform compliance with, HR requirements within the company.
- Provides employee relations support to management by communicating HR related policy, procedure, and initiatives to specific client group(s). Advises supervisors and managers in regard to performance management techniques. Conducts independent employee relations related investigations as required. Acts as a liaison between management and employees as appropriate. Prepares documentation as needed.
- Reviews merit, promotional, and special salary increases within approved budgetary guidelines and according to established compensation policies. Oversees the processing of pay increases to ensure consistent application of policy and accuracy of adherence to salary administration policies.
- Reviews exit interviews for departing employees. Evaluates and identifies issues and concerns; makes recommendations for improvements and proposes resolutions to the Director of Human Resources or HR Manager.
- Provides various workforce reports for management review and analytical purposes such as headcount reports, internal and external salary surveys and other HRIS reports upon request.
- Identifies, suggests and implements ongoing process improvements.
- Maintains an active awareness and continuing professional education of applicable HR-related legislation and initiatives.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the ABS Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems and the process of continuous improvement, identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the need of all customers; open and responsive to change.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- College degree or SHRM-SCP or SPHR.
- Minimum of 7 years of previous related experience or a combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Broad technical knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding human resources policies and practices in assigned country.
- Proven success with creating and implementing organizational design and development.
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills, and the ability to interact effectively with levels of employees.
- Must possess solid influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as well as the local language.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- May have to work under constant deadlines and have the ability to handle multiple duties.
- Should possess a well-rounded temperament with the ability to handle complicated tasks under potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to receive direction and carry-out assignments from multiple members of HR and management.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and maintain active awareness of HR trends via related training classes, seminars or other forms of study.
- Strong computer proficiency skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational ability, and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Obtain a working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System.
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Previous experience with a SaaS oriented company, tech startup or software company.
- Previous experience advising executive leadership teams.
The incumbent reports to a Manager, Director or Executive level position. This position does not have direct reports but may supervise individuals in a clerical or administrative role.
We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times.
ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits
ABS Bureau proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Bureau also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity
ABS Bureau is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Other
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjs
- Business Development
- Team Building
- Strategic Planning
- Business Operations
- Relationship Building
- Organization Development