Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The FINANCIAL ANALYST Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Financial Analyst to be responsible for enabling the company’s corporate finance strategy through efficient, comprehensive, and accurate forecasting and analysis of KPIs and liquidity, along with variance analysis of these important metrics. This individual will also contribute to financial reporting requirements and ad hoc analysis, Key areas of focus include forecasting, corporate finance, project finance, energy, and use of advanced excel skills
FINANCIAL ANALYST Responsibilities
- Develops short-term and long-term liquidity analyses including forecast of future borrowings, capital expenditures, and operating expenditures on a weekly basis.
- Calculates key metrics, especially cashflow metrics, and forecast future impacts to key metrics from business decisions
- Conducts actual versus expected reconciliation analysis on previous forecasts
- Coordinates with multiple departments to gather and present up-to-date analysis from across the business.
- Education required: Bachelor’s in Business or Finance
- Minimum years of experience required: 0-3 in finance role
- Advanced excel skills
- Coursework and/or experience in capital markets
- Experience in project finance
- Understanding of GAAP accounting
- Experience in energy, especially renewable energy
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid communication skills, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritize work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Open office environment
- At times may be required to work extended hours – nights and weekends
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process