Assists with maintaining and enhancing FP&A systems, provides support for the monthly plan, earnings forecasts and annual budget process, and performs basic ad hoc analysis for management under direct supervision.
- Assists with maintaining on-going integrity of all FP&A systems, databases, and reporting tools. Addresses system risks and incorporates efficiencies to improve accuracy and timeliness of budget and forecast reporting.
- Creates, designs, and maintains basic to moderate ad-hoc reports from enterprise financial systems or databases such as Business Warehouse and SAP.
- Assists with the annual budget process by creating annual budget guidelines, developing and presenting end user budget training, and gathering and analyzing budget data.
- Interacts with individuals across the organization to field questions and provide support during the annual budget process.
- Assists with presentations for management, including earnings forecast updates, Board presentations, and annual budget presentations.
- Assists with variance analysis for management to explain changes in key cost drivers for budget vs. actual, budget vs. forecast, forecast vs. forecast, and forecast vs. actual results.
- Assists with special projects and ad hoc financial analysis for management that is low to moderate complexity, including “what-if” scenarios and trend analysis for key cost drivers.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Accounting Information Systems required.
- Minimum of three years of accounting, equivalent public accounting, and/or accounting systems experience required.
- Accounting systems experience preferred.
- Experience in refining industry preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Ability to create and design standard queries or reports from financial databases such as SAP, BW, and Analysis for Office preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skill using Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, theories, and ability to apply them to the Corporation’s accounting needs preferred.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to analyze problems and solve issues preferred.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods with individuals at all levels across the organization preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.
- Accounting Information Systems
- Accounting Systems
- Analysis Of Variance
- Critical Thinking