We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under certain level of supervision, the candidate is supposed to design analog and/or motor control boards for Well Intervention tools. This includes analog filters and power amplifiers for power line communication. Low noise analog circuitries (e.g. amplifiers, filters, etc…) are also required for signal conditioning in the communication chain. DCDC converters for both isolated and non-isolated topologies and motor control & driver circuitries will be required.
- Reports to the WPS Singapore Engineering Lead.
- Design and develop analog and/or power converter board from a given design requirement.
- Work on the circuit analysis and/or simulation and schematic capture. Work closely with PCB designer on circuit layout.
- Responsible for component selection and qualification. Main person in charge of the bill of materials for the PCB assembly.
- Work closely with mechanical engineers in ensuring the PCB assembly fits into a given mechanical constraints.
- Test and troubleshoot prototype boards and debug any hardware bugs. Qualification of the circuitries at high temperature over long hours.
- Provide technical support to existing analog and power converter boards.
The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics Engineering. Sufficient relevant work experience would qualify the candidate for a more senior position.
The candidate should possess sufficient knowledge in analog and power electronic circuit fundamentals such as linear and non-linear circuits, signals analysis, impedance matching, magnetics, controls theory, characteristics of semiconductor devices, PCB technologies and layout, circuit simulator tools and instrumentations (e.g. oscilloscope, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, etc…).
Knowledgeable in digital circuitries such as microprocessor and/or FPGA board design. Sound understanding of embedded protocols and such as I2C, SPI, USB, CAN, 1553, etc…
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 155915
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Electrical Diagrams
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Circuits