We're seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer, with Energy & Power expertise, to join our team in Fort Worth, TX. You'll have the opportunity to use your vast experience in the industry to provide leadership and apply it to solving today's challenges.
Bring your background in central utility (chilled water, steam, hot water, etc) plant and utility distribution design and master planning to Jacobs. Core competencies of equipment selection, heat and mass balance calculations, hydraulic system modeling, development of process and instrumentation diagrams, pipe stress modeling and design, cost estimating and life cycle cost analysis, will bring the client's overall project into focus.
You will provide the leadership on a technical team providing solutions.
You will have the opportunity to mentor junior team members, discovering and learning what drives them, nurturing their purpose, and guiding them forward.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering license
- At least 20 years design experience
- Previous MEP design firm experience
- Ability to solve unique and complex problems to deliver superior value to district energy clients
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Experience with commercial or industrial chillers and cooling towers
- Experience with steam plant equipment (boilers, de-aerators, make-up water and blow-down systems, etc.)
- Experience with co-generation equipment including reciprocating engine generators, combustion turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators or steam turbine generators
- Experience with air emission control systems
- Experience with water treatment systems
- Field experience collaborating with contractors to build, start-up and commission utility plant equipment and systems
- Availability for part-time travel to client sites across the US
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]