Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Product Solutions & Integration > Loads & Controls > LaC Quality
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the LaC Quality department in Loads & Control is responsible for the calculation of loads, power curves for the standard products. We are also responsible for customized site-specific solutions for any new project and continuous improvements for the existing fleet.
The main deliveries from the department are load envelope to other component groups as well as commercial power performance document. Currently, the department consists of 20+ highly skilled and motivated engineers situated in Chennai. The team is committed to doing their very best every day and we encourage a culture where we positively and developing breakthrough solutions with a great degree of collaboration - as we believe this maximizes the value of our products.
LaC Quality works in a global setup, you will be cooperating with colleagues in our functional office in Aarhus, Denmark, and Porto. You will have many very high skilled colleagues in a social yet result-oriented atmosphere.
- Working with Functional Leads on the Control Solutions for Turbines
- Understanding, Implementing & Testing the change in line with guidelines
- Participate in Implementation & Functional Reviews
- Perform the RCA on field issues & provide the solutions
- Provide the solution for turbine improvements on non-standard product requests, Service solutions
- Lead projects by scoping, delegating the task to team, performing field test & deliver solution
- Deliver solution with all relevant technical specification documents created to sales team
- PhD's / Master's / Bachelor's degree in electrical / Mechatronics / instrumentation & controls / controls system background
- 2 to 3 years of working experience in Simulation / Modelling tools(MATLAB SIMULINK)
- Skilled Competence on Mathematical modelling of Electro-Mechanical, Hydraulic Systems
- Working knowledge on Control Design and Control Tuning using Model Based Control approach
- Good at Control Theory
- Programming knowledge in C++, SQL
- Control System Modelling, Controller Design, Controller Tuning & Controller Verification
- Good knowledge in Power generation concepts
- Knowledge in Aero Dynamics
- Preference will be given for candidate with experience in Wind Turbine Controls
What We Offer
We offer Control Engineer position who will work with best expertise in Control engineering field in designing new control functions for wind turbine, performing RCA for field failures, developing solution to fix and improve product performance.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th May 2022.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our [ Link removed ] to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Computer Programming
- Control Engineering
- Control Systems
- Control Theories