Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. (Tetra Tech) is implementing the USAID funded Development of Regional Energy Markets program (D-REM) in South East Europe. A new sub-activity will be initiated under DREM, the Moldova Energy Transition Activity (META) that focuses on addressing the core vulnerabilities of Moldova’s energy sector. META will lay the groundwork for the USAID Mission’s long-term bilateral program and focus on: (1) physical and market integration, aligned with the EU’s Third Energy Package; (2) increased domestic power generation; and, (3) improved natural gas supply diversification. Tetra Tech will also establish a local office to provide on-the-ground technical assistance to the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, Moldelectrica, energy regulator (ANRE), and other stakeholders, prioritizing actions and developing flexible scopes of work to respond to pressing needs in the country.
Tetra Tech is now actively seeking a local META Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant will manage the office and support the Energy Director Energy Specialist on all administrative matters. The position is full-time with a one-year term. Hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage office setup and infrastructure (office, furniture, equipment);
- Manage all META administrative matters including but not limited to the following:
- Lead logistical activities and manage the budget when implementing public events, press conferences, workshops, training activities, presentations.
- Support travel arrangements and accommodations for employees, as needed;
- Office transportation needs;
- Maintenance office employee personal data;
- Maintenance of timesheet log;
- Development and maintenance of employees’ contracts and updating of the employee’s contract log, (Employees hire/dismissal, vacation paid/unpaid leave orders, etc....);
- Obtaining of visas for visiting consultants;
- Distributing mail and faxes to the project team
- Providing oral and verbal translation as required
- Photocopying and binding materials and reports
- Coordinating with printing services on business cards, etc.
- Maintain field office project files
- Develop and enforce project-specific guidance based on corporate policies and USAID regulations on office operations, procurement, finance, travel, health safety and security among others;
- Serve as primary point of contact for the local bank and maintain effective control over cash funds and bank account (ensuring that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records). Management and routine reconciliation of the META project bank account and petty cash funds.
- Manage relationships and performance of key vendors (office, apartments, venues, etc.);
- Support outreach to relevant project stakeholders including government, industry and academia to inform them about META and advance project objectives;
- Manage monthly and annual financial reporting;
- Maintain compliance with local tax and financial reporting requirements;
- Maintenance of project inventory, including temporary transfers and final title transfers to equipment, receipts and acceptance acts; periodic update of the office Property log;
- Follow and execute Tetra Tech home office instructions and the Moldova Government's decrees related to Covid-19.
Essential KSA's required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business administration, finance or international development;
- 5+ years managing operations on a USAID or other donor-funded project;
- Knowledge of the USAID rules and regulations preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in finance and budgeting;
- A proven record of strong administrative and organizational skills, decision-making, leadership, interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Fluency in English and Romanian (reading, writing and presentation skills);
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to communicate complex information and deliver verbal and written messages effectively; and,
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting [ Link removed ] .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at [ Link removed ] .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Complex Problem Solving